What's new

LC12 real name predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
I reckon something like Apocalypse. However, given their naming for previous rides it doesn't necessarily have to be related to the theme of the ride and could be a bit more 'obscure' like Slammer, Rush or Stealth. I remember when Slammer and Rush were revealed as the names and people wondered what the hell they were on... Now they perfectly fitting names.

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Or they could just steal Nemesis' again

Nemesis: Apocalypse...

What? they already have Nemesis: Inferno, why not have another one? lol :roll:

seriously though, something like Crisis (Crysis) is quite befitting, or even 9/11: The Experience, Maybe Fou14teen: What Alton Could Have Had, i could go on for days...

(Family Fortunes for those who havn't seen peter kay's live standup: look what you could have won)

Nic

Strata Poster
rollermonkey said:
Crash: The Ride at Thorpe Park (R)
Yeah, Crash was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this topic. Dunno. I can't imagine the name being particularly inspiring, whatever they end up with.

Dave

CF Legend
Crash the ride would just sound like a fantasy from this film;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTYkmAcsvk[/youtube]

Nic

Strata Poster
^That's part of the problem though. Most of the names that have been suggested so far in this topic are already the names of disaster films and/or other rides.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Nic said:
^That's part of the problem though. Most of the names that have been suggested so far in this topic are already the names of disaster films and/or other rides.

Thing is, there's a better than evens chance that the ride will carry an IP (personally I wouldn't bet far side of Modern Warfare, given Thorpe's obsession with the demographic that visits it), and on that basis, it's hard to bet against Thorpe proving somewhat predictable and naming the ride after disaster films and/or other rides...

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
*UPDATE*

Probably old news but apparently to some random fanboys youtube video the ride is going to be called "Storm Surge"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-IwYZG_mE&feature=related[/youtube]

Interesting

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Nope, nothing interesting there. Did you look at the date that video was uploaded? Probably not, it was 18 Decemeber 2010. The reference to Storm Surge was probably due to the fact that they were still building Storm Surge (you know, that new raft ride thing?) at the time. They don't once suggest that this will be called Storm Surge, and it they did then they're fools.

Just another stupid, and pointless, video/post in these threads. :roll:

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Hixee said:
^Nope, nothing interesting there. Did you look at the date that video was uploaded? Probably not, it was 18 Decemeber 2010. The reference to Storm Surge was probably due to the fact that they were still building Storm Surge (you know, that new raft ride thing?) at the time. They don't once suggest that this will be called Storm Surge, and it they did then they're fools.

Just another stupid, and pointless, video/post in these threads. :roll:

Sorry :oops:

I got all excited and nearly wet my pants, i thought i heard the name storm surge somwhere but i couldnt quite remember, i dont reguarly visit thorpe as its a good 4 hour drive, but since i saw Raptor running i just want to go on LC12 lol,

Oh Well, you cant blame a man for trying (well you can, but we wont go there...)

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
They will probably get some movie studio to sponsor the ride and name it 2012, and have John Cusack in a pre-show mumbling about how he's going to save everybody.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I think' End Game' is too similar to the theming for Saw for my liking

2012 immediately says 'end of the Mayan calendar' to me, in which case the Apocalypse and Doomsday suggestions would be more plausible. Or maybe Annihilation or Devastation, or my personal favourite, Cataclysm.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Joey said:
I think it'll have an obscure name. Possibly an abbreviation for something. A codename for a mission/operation/investigation/project. Like, just for a crap example, A-2012 or something. Possibly with the letter X in it for good measure.

This.

And if it is called 'Armageddon' or 'Apocalypse' I might not ride it.

Status
Not open for further replies.