What's new

Launch it! NL2 Competition Voting and Results Thread

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Thank you for all the entries! Voting is now officially underway! Voting will run through Monday, and I will be posting results that evening.

If you entered, remember you must vote or get a penalty point deduction. Myself, Hixee, and Colossus will be the judges this round. Remember for those voting, each coaster must be rated on a 1-5 basis.

Our next competition will be up Monday night following the completion of this one. Stay tuned!

https://www.mediafire.com/?ndgqa9dzhio1e5t

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I assume the judges are doing the usual smoothness, creativity, realism and overall scores?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great, just sent my scores in.

Really impressive work this round guys!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've typed this twice and it has deleted it both times. I will post the scorecard and do a write up at a later date.

Standings.
1. Pyro-CoasterMac305 23.5 points
2. Sabre-Hixee 20.8 points
3. Fly Icaras Jer 20.3 points
4. Sub Zero Antinossi 20.2 points
5. Desperado Tomahawk 18.7 points
6. Arion Colossus 9.8 points
7. Inferno kspencer999 9.3 points (2 point deduction for not voting and moving station/transfer track)

I can post more details later, just annoyed with trying to get this up at the moment. Next contest to be up shortly!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Make sure you copy those long posts! That way if if doesn't work properly, all you have to do is paste it back in and try again. I've learnt the hard way and do that with most of my posts now to be honest.

Another great round where the standard was very high across the board. Well done to CoasterMac305 for dominating another round!

Keep up the good work everyone - it's only with your participation that these things work. I look forward to seeing the full brief for the next round.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
7. Inferno-kspencer999 9.3 points (2 point deduction for moving station/transfer and not voting)
That tunnel brake run would have necks snapping. There were a lot of pumps and banking issues, depump tool is absolutely amazing. Use it.

6. Arion-Colossus 9.8 points
Depump, depump, depump, depump! That’s what is knocking you the most. Also add more roll nodes! By doing those two things, with the progress you have made, you will be towards the top in no time. The terrain work you did added an extra dimension, just work on those small things, and you will be good!

5. Desperado- Tomahawk 18.7 points
I expected to sit about here, but the problems I had were obvious. The MCBR was poorly placed, killing the pace, and there were some smoothing issues.

4. Sub Zero- Antinossi 20.2 points
Missed it by that much! I personally liked this one more than Fly Icaras, but the users did not like it as much. I loved the massive amount of inversions and it felt great. Only problem I could find was the snap of the first launch into that turn.

3. Fly Icaras- Jer 20.3 points
There were some smoothness issues for me, but I’m in the minority here. This was loved by the voters, coming in at second, but it missed second by a slim margin. Overall, great job!

2. Sabre- Hixee 20.8
Nearly a third first place for Hixee! In terms of what it was “missing” was not being technically perfect ala the winner. I loved the duel and I was convinced this would win when I rode it the first time. Others felt is didn’t do as much at the beginning, I disagree.

1. Pyrro- CoasterMac305
This was fantastic. I have nothing negative to say at all. Near flawless.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the victory! Tom, could you elaborate on "near" flawless? What exactly did you not like about it? Just want to know so I can improve on future coasters:)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^The only criticism I got was the beginning was "a bit repetitive" but I found it perfect. Only possible thing I could find is in the roll before the second launch it felt like it pulled a bit, but still, amazing.