What's new

Last Thorpe trip report of the year

peep

CF Legend
So yet another season has passed us by. Where did it go? Well, anyways I heard some peeps were heading down today for the last day of the season so I decided to join them and I'm glad I did....

I got up at a time I didn't want to and after the usual getting ready malarkey I got myself to Grove Park to get the train to Waterloo. Once at Waterloo I grabbed some breakfast in the form of a McDonald's pancake and sausage meal, good times. The day was looking good already. I was also running early so I strolled over to the train and sat and relaxed.

Before I knew it the train was pulling into the rather dull Staines train station. It was here that I caught a bus which had a lack of chavs (always a good sign) which would land me at my destination for the day, Thorpe Park. I arrived at the park about a minute past 10 and randomly bumped into Mr Infernus himself! Wow, hadn't seen each other in what felt like years so some catching up was had. We headed into the park and met with Neal, Peter and his crew by Stealth.

They had already had Stealth times so over to Inferno it was. Inferno had a queue of 0 minutes, this was full of good times. Inferno was its usual self, whining that it isn't quite the original Nemesis, still enjoyable as it is still better than the average coaster.

We then slowly made our way over to Saw: The Ride. Mr Infernus then worked his magic and got us all straight onto the ride, very awesome times. Upon exiting the attraction we looked into the shop as peeps were thirsty. This is when we came across the silly prices for the drinks. We ended up getting (with added discounts of course), 3 bottles (1 sprite, 2 fantas) for the ridiculous price of 90p!! Cheapest bottles of carbonated drinks in the UK (probably)!

After this small revelation we made our way towards the dome, I'm not fully sure as to why we did this. However once there announcements began regarding the 2 minute silence at 11am. We then caught A-Kid, Beans and (really sorry) peep I can't remember the name of. We said hello and faffed for some time. The two minute silence then began. It was hard to keep ourselves from laughing as Thorpe still had several rides in operation resulting in silly times. After the silence peoples said au revoir (including Mr Infernus :( ) and we continued our Thorpe journey by going to X:/NWO.

X:/NWO had a small queue (5 mins, if that) but it was worth it in the end as Neal, Peter and I shouted amusing things.

Upon exiting previously mentioned ride Neal received a phone call informing him that Vadge was present in the park. YAY :D We left it up to fate as to whether we met her or not.

We then had Fish of the flying variety times. It was fun and we all went round the ride with our 3D glasses on, the ride host was highly amused.

I believe we then headed over to Stealth as I had yet to ride it. We got distracted by Detonator times though. It was good and the countdown could be heard at the top :D

Then we queued a few mins for Stealth, which was good although it has got so rough. Bloomin' Intamins.

Food times were called upon and the group split. Some went to Silly King and the sensible people went to the Fish & Chip place (Annual pass discounts are full of win). The food was not spectacular but the conversations were amusing and we also had added Ewan times. He was not a happy man, this upset us.

We had finished our food so we went over to Sill King to track down the rest of the group. We just sat down next to them when out of nowhere I noticed Erol. Neal and I run over and hug Erol and had some amusing moments. We then left Erol and his company to get on with their day.

Other peeps had finished eating so we headed for another ride. This is where my memory fails me. I think this is when we rode Saw: the Ride in 4D! We had about a 20 minute queue which wasn't bad and the company made sure that we were all entertained. How was our ride in 4D I hear you ask? Well basically we all went on wearing 3D glasses (I have previously mentioned this, if you didn't realise this then you should go back and read everything from the start again :p). It was highly amusing as my pair didn't want to stay on my head so were flapping all over the place resulting in quite a good ORP....

15447_313701955359_529160359_9560432_3796821_n.jpg

Hehe, good times. The group then decided that Samurai would be a fun game for all. I opted out as I'm not a fan. They all got straight on, the ride begins and what's this? It breaks down. Oh, Thorpe. Thankfully people with a brain were operating the ride and therefore got it back up and running within minutes. Resulting in the ride starting again and on a good cycle. This made everyone happy.

Neal ponders about life while waiting for Samurai themed times...
15447_313701915359_529160359_9560426_7778250_n.jpg

Everyone decided to make an even greater mistake in ride choices as Slammer was the next ride. Sad times. There was a loo break before going on, and Neal was far from satisfied by the cleanness of the loo.

I for some reason went on and still regret the decision to do so. I still believe it's the worst attraction in the park, I'd rather do Collosucks several times.

While we faffed for no reason whatsoever we met Vadge!!! Yay, a very happy Neal and Peep. Hugs all round and good times were had. We then left Vadge to converse with her friends of the day and we continued our day with a ride on Collosucks. We walked straight on which made us all quite pleased. The ride itself was quite wrong however. It wasn't rough, it was just, vibraty (yeah, I'm making up words now, what ya gonna do about it? :p)

We then headed down to Rush. Just before we went into the queue Vadge times were once again had. This time her friend's had decided that they had too much time at the Park of Thorpe. So she used her spacker band and got herself, Neal and I straight onto Rush. Happy times indeed. We also shouted 'Rachel Adedeji' very loudy to our own amusement. This was only really triggered by Vadge telling us that when she was in the Saw queue Ewan recognised her and over the tannoy shouted the same thing. :lol:

15447_313701935359_529160359_9560429_1605209_n.jpg

We then found ourselves going back over to Stealth. We were all having a good time and lots of dancing and singing was to be had. :D

Vadge approves of the groovy 3D glasses
15447_313701940359_529160359_9560430_2518161_n.jpg

We then headed to Inferno again. Back row times were had and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

We then monged around for some time. Some peeps going back on Detonator. We then continued our session of faff for some time. I then realised that I should probably be making haste. I said goodbyes to everyone and gave out a few hugs and then made my way to the bus.

Once on the bus back to the train station the bus driver felt the need to basically blast Kiss radio out of the speakers. This resulted in some weird times and then....

...La Roux was played and all was good and was probably the best ending I could have had.

I had such an amazing time so thanks to all who made it great.

nealbie

CF Legend
peep said:
There was a loo break before going on, and Neal was far from satisfied by the cleanness of the loo.

Damn right I wasn't!

I can't for the life of me work out why the gentlemen guests of Thorpe cannot get their liquid disposal IN the actual toilet? I mean for starters, why are they not using the urinals? And secondly, they have the added advantage of a handy pointer at their disposal! Therefore it's not exactly difficult.

This therefore led to shouty Neal times and I was forced to employ myself as a toilet cleaner. Was tempted to sign the timesheet as well :lol:

On less "bog" related subjects, I had a great time at Thorpe. It really has got itself back in my good books after the shambles of March 12-14th. I would even go so far as to say it is the UK's second best park. Yeah it has no atmosphere, but the rides are (for the most part) more than adequate to satisfy my enthusiastic enthusiast's needs.

After peep left, Vadge and I went to finish our year on Flying Fish, because we are cool. The ride-ops were very impressed with our dancing to the Fish theme music and our observational skills at spotting the random pink chain employed to keep a gate shut :p

We're so cool infact that we waited a ride to get front row :roll:

Then Vadgetimes ended *sadface* and so did 2009. A year that started as low as a low thing, and ended as high as an equally high thing! :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ That last pic, I saw someone at our school with those exact 3D glasses today :)

Yeah, had a good day. Matt with us had a yellow band (thanks for getting it), so we could skip Saws queue and a few others.

Ewan Saw PA: "Message to Tina Hills, please be aware there are no double straps on Saw the ride at this time, like on Nemesis Inferno's fat seats row 4 + 5, which unforchantly means you may not be able to ride."

And "Saw: The Ride is brought to you by...Rachel Adedeji!!"

And "Chooo Choo Oh yeah" on dispatch ;)

We grabed the last saw ride of the year, which was nice and rode Loggers with a few staff. Which was moist.

And rides:

Saw x6
Inferno x6 (1F)
Stealth x5 (1F)
Det x2
Colossus x2
Loggers x2
Samurai x1
Rush x1
Vortex x1
Slammer x1
X x1
Rumba x1

Nice end to the year. Got on what we wanted to. Good company. Good time.

This closed season I hope they can focus their attention on the presentation of Colossus, Inferno, The entrance and Rumba. New queue fences on most rides and speakers in Amity wouldn't go a miss. Possibly pathway improvements like by Rush for example. Thats all I want.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
It was a great day, although I am never buying Thorpe Curry sauce again :p

Probably will write more later when I've finished all my Tesco juice!

A

Anonymous

Just thought I would add another on Ride Photo from this trip.

10951_1274087170597_1182456487_862942_1041250_n.jpg

Bare in mind. One of Stealths Slogans are.... "Are You Bricking it?" So that gave me an idea for a photo.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
I was also there on Sunday shall do my trip report later.

Did any of you see geri halliwell on park today?

Also The amount of Cheap food and drink was awesome - 5 bottles of coke for £1

pic n mix £2

also a merlin annual pass only £75

yinyang

Mega Poster
Great onride photo of SAW with the 3D glasses. Sounds like a fun day and not too busy at all, wish I'd had the day off to go now. Loathing much! :)

Nic

Strata Poster
G-force said:
Did any of you see geri halliwell on park today?
Yes. She was being led up the exit to Big Titted Gladiator: The Ride, as we were coming off it.