What's new

Last Cred Review

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Glad to hear you enjoyed Great America @Chris Coasters ! A little sad you didn't enjoy our Batman, as I hear it's one of the better ones in the chain. And you are absolutely right on Whizzer, Maxx is too close, and they needed to disassemble parts of Whizzer to access some of MF's footers. It should be back up and running soon.

yaas more demon love <3

jayjay

Giga Poster
Why is it that whenever I remember this thread, my last cred is always some kiddy cred?

Anyway, the Go Gator at Loos Park... It might be the only Go Gator with a view of a UNESCO world heritage site (albeit mining slag heaps). Long ride cycle, forwards and backwards. As a Go Gator, 10/10. As a rollercoaster, 2/10

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Glad to hear you enjoyed Great America @Chris Coasters And you are absolutely right on Whizzer, Maxx is too close, and they needed to disassemble parts of Whizzer to access some of MF's footers. It should be back up and running soon.

I was pretty bummed tbh its a interesting coaster and I've never been on anything like it so it was actually one of the ones i was pretty stoked for. Just a reason to go back.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ghostrider - Knott's Berry Farm

I still need to do the full report from my visit, but boy am I happily surprised with what GCI did with Ghostrider. I had my apprehensions that selecting GCI over RMC would leave a lot on the table for giving some much needed love and care to this pretty rough CCI. But GCI really came through on this one!

Overall, I think a critical saving grace of new Ghostrider is the Millennium Flyer trains. So much better suited for the twister layout of Ghostrider vs traditional PTCs. For the coaster retracking, GCI moreso smoothed our the layout versus total revamp, even keeping some of the flatter banked turns that are fun for throwing a lot of lateral g’s. Airtime was far more pronounced than with the PTCs, especially in the airtime hill coming off of the turnaround.

Overall, this bumped Ghostrider close to my top 50 mark, a solid 20 slot swing!

Snoo

The Legend
Copperhead Strike

Well.. delicious. Loved it! Fun and just a great ride. Not too intense but it's good to have some variety.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Bob- Efteling
Not the most pleasant of rides, I can see why it's on its way out. You need a good bra for this one.
5/10.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
The Big One - Blackpool.

View from top of lift of hill is amazing and 1st drop is impressive, however rest of layout seems very average at best, which leaves the coaster as a one trick pony in my eyes.

To be fair the train seemed to carry a fair bit speed through out the course but i got zero air time on hills.

However I was just happy to get on it finally, after being spited by high winds everytime i been before today .

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I've just got back from Walygator Park in France, here's a quick review of the 3 big coasters there.

Comet
Comet is a Vekoma looping coaster, although the trains look very Arrow-y to me. Very odd that the back of the train is smoother than the front, the front is very head bangy. Towards the back it's not too bad. Fun if a little rough.

Anaconda
Anaconda is the Morgan wooden coaster, I'd heard horror stories about how rough it was but it was surprisingly smooth. It doesn't carry much speed over the hills so there isn't much airtime. The trains are pretty comfortable but legroom isn't amazing. It's like a bigger, faster and smoother Nick Streak. A great family coaster (1.2m height limit).

Monster
Monster is a replica of Raptor at Cedar Point, a tall, fast and brutally intense B&M Inverted coaster. Apart from a small jolt at the bottom of the first drop it's silky smooth. There's no breaks on the 'MCBR' so the second half is insanely intense. Honestly it's up there with Nemesis (Inferno) as my favourite invert, and it's significantly more intense. Only the Batman clones come close. Zero themeing, to the point of having no room to the station (which means the queueline gets flooded and it's as grippy as ice).

Operations on all 3 coasters were.... weird. They wouldn't let you into the airgates until everyone from the previous train had left the platform. No rerides despite the lack of queues. The park was dead when I went so it didn't matter too much.

Walygator Park is a bit of an underated gem of a park really, despite the weather I had a great day. Staff were great, rides were good/great and even the food was pretty decent.

Peet

Giga Poster
Comet is a Vekoma looping coaster, although the trains look very Arrow-y to me.
Yup the earlier Vekomas all ran Arrow trains since Vekoma started off as Arrow's European fabricator. A lot of these later got replaced with Vekoma trains which IMO look less good and don't ride any better, so it's good to see this coaster running the original rolling stock.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Icon
It's alright I guess, some of the elements give decent flojector in certain seats and I like the trains, restraints, theming and all round presentation of the ride.
I've been on worse, and better, it's the best ride in the park but that's not hard. The issue is that all it needs is a bit more speed from the launches and it could be great, but it doesn't, so it's not.
Probably sits somewhere around 50 in my ranking

Crazy Coaster
The Rev on the South Pier, not that offensive, didn't spin too much, +1

Brucomela
Caterpillar at a random fair on the way out of Blackpool, was lit yo.

Matt N

CF Legend
Took a trip to Oakwood today for the first time since July 2016:

Creepy Crawler was a ride I didn't have overly high expectations for, but I unfortunately can't say my expectations were exceeded. It became quite a headbasher towards the end, and I bashed my knees really hard on the front of the car at the end. I'd imagine it's a good starter coaster for kids, but I wasn't a huge fan.
2/10 (1 star)

Megafobia
was a very good wooden coaster as it was in 2016. I initially rode it on the back and found it a bit too rough for my liking, but I then rode on the front as I did in 2016 and though it was brilliant! Quite a few very good moments of airtime; that drop in the back row is fantastic!
9/10 (4.5 stars)

Speed
was slightly disappointing, I must admit. I remember quite liking it in 2016, but I wasn't a fan this time. It seemed to be far rougher; some of the headbashing really was quite unpleasant for me, especially in the turnaround, the loop and the final helix. On the positive side, since when has that airtime hill been so amazing?
3/10 (1.5 stars)

Treetops
, on the other hand, was a really pleasant surprise! Far more fun than I remembered last time! It was smooth, and those long trains create some surprising whip in the back row! It also kept its pace much better than I'd remembered! So all in all, great family fun!
5/10 (2.5 stars) on overall spectrum, but it's a great family coaster.

Last edited:

Rupert

Mega Poster
Last night ended our first ever day at Cedar Point with 11pm rides on Steel Vengeance (the heroes had reopened it despite it being closed at 9) and am still trying to process what happened. What. A. Ride. I couldn’t even work out what was going on in the day, but in the dark it is something else, completely obscene.

Big thanks again to all those with the trip advice!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This is one that I always seemed to miss out on due to down time, on at least 10 visits I’ve missed this cred, at least 10, possibly a LOT more.

Odyssey - Fantasy Island

Thanks to Mellor’s seemingly better operations at Fantasy Island (they seem to be doing good things all over the park) I finally got to ride this monster of an SLC. Firstly the restraints are so much better than on some of the others, less chunky, more comfortable. We rode front row, and you cannot talk about an SLC without first rating it’s ‘roughness.’ Well there was none, or very little. Through a couple of the inversions there was a little shake. Enough, I imagine, to cause a little head banging for those who are not as tall as I am. But generally for me the ride was comfortable. That first drop is my favourite first drop of any ‘under the track’ style of coaster, tall, fast and intense. The ride on the whole was fun, intense and comfortable. Think this is now 1 of 2 SLC’s that I will actually look to ride every time I visit the park... Provided it’s operating!!!!

6 out of 10 - My No1 SLC!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hyperion
First ride was back right and it delivers, very quick, good mix of air moments and a point of heavy Gs in one of the corners. The ending was unexpected.
I really like the station too, queue line is really well themed.

The hype is real in this one.

As a side note, Mayan is aging badly, starting to shuffle. Not enough to not warrant a re-ride but if it gets much worse then it will be worth skipping.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hyperion
First ride was back right and it delivers, very quick, good mix of air moments and a point of heavy Gs in one of the corners. The ending was unexpected.
I really like the station too, queue line is really well themed.

The hype is real in this one.
So typically, my opinion slightly changed following a few more rides.
The front of the train is the best area, left, right, doesn't really matter what side, there's lovely moments on both sides.

However...
The bastards took off a train as it was walk on, and left what was clearly a bad train on. My first 3 rides before they dropped to 1 train ops were all absolutely amazing and it was actually a contender for a top 10 spot then everything changed.
That train is absolutely disgusting, there's a judder and some really bad jolts which physically hurt your back. I can't believe it was that bad, back row was nearly unbearable, front was still very noticeable.
I gave up after 2 further rides and left the park, such a shame, probably sits somewhere around 30-40 because of that ****ty train.

Fix it Energylandia.

Snoo

The Legend
The front of the train is the best area, left, right, doesn't really matter what side, there's lovely moments on both sides.

However...
The bastards took off a train as it was walk on, and left what was clearly a bad train on. My first 3 rides before they dropped to 1 train ops were all absolutely amazing and it was actually a contender for a top 10 spot then everything changed.
That train is absolutely disgusting, there's a judder and some really bad jolts which physically hurt your back. I can't believe it was that bad, back row was nearly unbearable, front was still very noticeable.
I gave up after 2 further rides and left the park, such a shame, probably sits somewhere around 30-40 because of that :emoji_poop:ty train.

Fix it Energylandia.
Ahh Intamin. CLASSIC!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

However...
I gave up after 2 further rides and left the park, such a shame, probably sits somewhere around 30-40 because of that ****ty train.

Fix it Energylandia.

That REALLY sucks. Nitro had a train like that back when I rode it in 2014, and the difference was shocking. Thankfully the trains were labelled and multiple were running so we could avoid the bad one. It’s very disappointing to hear one of the trains on Hyperion is already running terribly when the ride is less than a year old, especially since it’s such a fantastic coaster :(

So yesterday I visited Adventureland in Iowa for the first time, and thought I’d share some thoughts on their rarely discussed selection of creds:

Monster - An excellent Gerstlauer Infinity coaster that’s ripe for the ‘criminally underrated’ category. Its over-vertical drop is the best out there from my experience, thanks to lap-bars that offer a lot of freedom for an excellent airtime moment. In fact, it’s primarily these restraints that allow the ride to really flourish. There may not be much airtime in the rest of the layout, but the extra upper-body freedom allows the rider to experience a delicious blend of lateral forces and hangtime on an impressively-calculated course of inversions, overbanks, and even an effectively placed trim-brake. The seemless and varied flow of elements show just how far Gerstlauer have come as a manufacturer and the great things they’re capable of. It’s certainly not the most intense, airtime-filled or fast-paced coaster out there, but it’s a beautifully-designed piece of engineering and beautiful to ride too. Well-worth the visit to Adventureland to ride. 9/10

Tornado - Hmmm... I took two laps on this 1970s out-and-back wooden coaster and while it’s not unusual to find these to be lacklustre coasters compared to today’s offerings, I felt the reason here was simply that it’s first couple of hills were too tall. You crawl over them and never really pick up the momentum for much airtime on the following hills. I enjoyed it, but you can see quite clearly where it squanders its potential. 5/10

Outlaw - One of the first CCI woodies, and I think it was designed by the folks who went on to form GCI? It would certainly seem that way, given it’s twister-style layout. It’s sort of a ‘tame’ coaster really, though also surprisingly rough considering it never really goes that fast. In fairness, its pacing is not actually all-that terrible, and if you ride in the front it does offer a few surprising airtime moments, courtesy of the classic buzz-bar restraints. 6/10

Underground - Not much of a coaster; it mostly slopes downwards at a very mild gradient and has maybe one actual drop. I’m really not a connoisseur of old cheesy dark rides, but that’s really what it is, and it feels creepier and more claustrophobic than I was expecting. Yes the effects are old, but they are somewhat amusing. Overall though, still not my thing. 4/10

Dragon - I thought this was my first experience on a Hopkins-made coaster, but I’d forgotten about the one at Story Land in NH. Still, the two bare very little similarity as far as I can recall. Dragon unpleasantly bumped its way around its thankfully short course, with only the two inversions being enjoyable (and quite intense too, I may add). I could see the park removing this, and they probably should, despite its picturesque appearance over the lake. 3/10