What's new

Las Vegas Roller Coasters

vividtrauma

Roller Poster
Just wanted to know your Las Vegas favorites! Had some fun on Desperado a couple of weeks ago, and of course spent some thrill time on the strip.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved to Coaster Polls & Opinions.

I still consider Canyon Blaster at Circus Circus the best Arrow looper I have ever ridden. Speed: The Ride was also another favorite, along with all of the thrill rides atop the Stratosphere Tower.

The ingeniously named "Roller Coaster" at New York, New York, not so much.

Speed was my personal favourite, then Canyon Blaster which was surprisingly good, followed by Roller Coaster which wasn't even close to being as bad as I thought it would be.

The Stratosphere rides were amazing too, but obviously don't qualify as coasters.

Snoo

The Legend
Brad said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Speed was my personal favourite, then Canyon Blaster which was surprisingly good, followed by Roller Coaster which wasn't even close to being as bad as I thought it would be.

The Stratosphere rides were amazing too, but obviously don't qualify as coasters.

THAT

And Desperado is horrible, except for the fab first drop <3

All of that.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Ahhh this is a nice familiar topic for me to get my teeth into.

Manhatten Express I don't remember being as bad as everybody makes out. I went on it pre-'Roller Coaster', but I was 12, so maybe wasn't tall enough for the little shoulder retraints to experience the full pain overload? However, I do remember coming off with no intention to re-ride what-so-ever.

Speed was awesome, really enjoyed that. No fault's spring to mind.

Canyon Blaster was good as well, but man it rocked! As in, the swaying side to side kind, not the cool kind. Really interesting use of colour too, guess it stands out internationally though.

High Roller was NOT working. Gutted. It began testing when I was riding Big Shot but we didn't want to pay to go to the top of the tower again because you had to buy your ride tickets at the base. Odd, and unfortunate. Nowadays there would be NO chance of a similar scenario ocurring.

I think that's all of them? Didn't ride Desperado unfortunately, too far away.

The only one I've been on is Speed. It's fab. Rough, but fab.

It wasn't rough at all! It was just fab, minus the price.

Bezz, I think you might be right about the height thing. I'm pretty short and everyone I know who said it was bad is at least like, in the upper range of five feet.

Ben

CF Legend
Desperado was probably my favourite, it was actually fab.

Then "Roller Coaster at NYNY", which was fine tbh.

Canyon Blaster is just an ARROW.

The other thing, Speed, was utterly vile.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Speed, best by far. Canyon Blaster was next best, surprised it was enjoyable. I was 16 when I road it and my brother was at a wrestling tournament at a Vegas high school, so I literally rode that ride all day, I think my total count was 27? Desparado is horrible. It's not punching babies bad but close, besides for the drop, everything else, complete garbage. Roller Coaster. This is drop kicking babies bad. Rode it twice, once sober once hammered. Lets just say no matter how drunk you are, it still blows donkey nuts.

Snoo

The Legend
Speed wasn't THAT good.. I mean it was clearly the best.. but not a stunner by any means.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I rode Manhattan Express/Roller Coaster pre-new trains as well (actually, I watched them test run the new trains), and the first bit of hills was alright, but come the inversions and attempted airtime hills, everything fell to pieces. Especially the Dive Loop, one of the worst inversions I've ever ridden.

Mike

Giga Poster
Desperado is by far the best Nevada coaster... But that's not saying a lot.
Speed, Canyon Blaster and Roller Coaster are all rideable, but nothing brilliant.

Actually, the I almost had a rollback on the kiddie at the Mini Grand Prix place, so that's the best! :p

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I also have to agree with the Roller Coaster height thing. I rode it when I was 12, and really, really short, and I thought it was a pretty good ride. I'd really like to ride it again and see if the height factor really does matter.

Speed was definitely the best, I actually really liked it. When I rode it, it instantly shot up to my Top 5 or something. Granted I ridden less than 50 coasters, but it was still a great coaster that I would love to get back on.

Desperado I really don't remember much... I know I didn't hate it and that the layout was cool, but I'm pretty sure it was insanely rough.

Lastly, Canyon Blaster, which I personally didn't enjoy at all. I thought it was too rough to enjoy and its layout is typical and boring. The helix cave was pretty cool though.

So overall:
1. Speed: The Ride
2. Desperado
3. Roller Coaster
4. Canyon Blaster