What's new

Lake Jaole - New Work In Progress Park (picture heavy)

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody! After not playing RCT3 or posting on the CF forums for about 2 years, I went to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers in the same week, and that rekindled my interest in rollercoasters. I just saw the dust RCT3 box sitting on the shelf, booted it up and made this park. I think it is pretty good considering how long it has been since my last RCT3 park.

The main bulk of the park is situated in man made lake "Lake Jaole". It has a mixture of family and thrill rides, and also has a waterpark with multiple slides and a wave pool. So far 70 million pounds have been funneled into the project, which has been opened to the public to see what they think before going into stage 2 of construciton. Some guests said "Lake Jaole is probably the best amusement park in the country. I, the husband, can enjoy the thrills of huge rides like Surge, Power and Spindlewing, whilst the kids can have fun on Suffering-starfishies, Wondersplash and in the waterpark." whilst other guests said "Lake Jaole is nothing but an average amusement park madde by a bored, rich man. At this moment in time it lacks atmosphere and that special factor that only the established themeparks of this world can truly achieve." The guests have given us a great idea of what to build in stage 2 of construction, having handed in almost three thousand suggestions.

Anyway, on to the pictures.

Here is the Joale Spray Waterpark and the Snake Falls series of waterslides:

Snake Falls from another angle:

The whole waterpark including Whisk, an Aqua Blaster Slide:

Power, a 300 foot Gyro Drop Tower:

Currently under construction, Twist, a Spinning Wild Mouse Coaster:

Cinder, a large Wooden Coaster:

Sting, a Huss Topsin with water jets:

Riptide, a small ride for kids:

Thrust, an air powered Launched Freefall ride:

Spindlewing, a low-fly B&M Inverted Coaster:

Surge, a B&M Floorless Coaster:

Slam-up, a Discuss ride:

X-Treem Safari, an event-triggering Safari Tour through a Lion Enclosure:

Wondersplash, a Hopkins Chute-the-chute:

Witchcraft, a Spin Doctor ride:

Jaole Spray Waterpark:

Overview:

Next Stage: Theming and Buildings.

Please comment!

Oh crap! Just read picture size thread! Sorry the pictures are so huge! Please don't delete! This took me aaaageees to post:( I won't do it again!

It's all very RCT3 meets Six flags. You have themed individual rides to a decent standard, but there isn't anything linking rides together. Just lots of horrible asphalt. And the queues for each ride are just hideous cattlepens. It looks like you've made some good rides, but the overall look of the park leaves a lot to be desired. It could be good, just needs a lot of work.

jokerman said:
It's all very RCT3 meets Six flags. You have themed individual rides to a decent standard, but there isn't anything linking rides together. Just lots of horrible asphalt. And the queues for each ride are just hideous cattlepens. It looks like you've made some good rides, but the overall look of the park leaves a lot to be desired. It could be good, just needs a lot of work.

I know, thats why those pics are of Stage 1 of construction. Yes, I know those queues look absolutely ghastly, but I don't know what to do to make them nicer. I have RCT3 oen now, so any suggestions?

Falloutboy said:
jokerman said:

I know, thats why those pics are of Stage 1 of construction. Yes, I know those queues look absolutely ghastly, but I don't know what to do to make them nicer. I have RCT3 oen now, so any suggestions?
Dont use the actual queue paths
Use normal paths instead and have trees seperating them
Like this:
-tttttttttt
---------
tttttttttt-
---------
- means path
t means tree

I hope this makes sense

Gladiator said:
Falloutboy said:
jokerman said:

Dont use the actual queue paths
Use normal paths instead and have trees seperating them
Like this:
-tttttttttt
---------
tttttttttt-
---------
- means path
t means tree

I hope this makes sense

I will probably use a mixture of that style and this: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=689036

Thanks for the tip! And by the way there has already been 2 or 3 major improvements already, one being a few queue imporvements and another being a station for cinder. The 3rd is a secret!

C'mon people! No comments at all? I really need your help to do the best I can do! Please comment:)