What's new

Knott’s Berry Farm | MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress | Schwarzkopf Launch Refurb | 2025?

These Cedar Fair jerks picked a beloved original Schwarzkopf shuttle that was perfectly fine to run and maintain for at least another decade, cheaped out for an unknown company to overhaul the rebrand, had them tear the ride to pieces about a year ago, then halfway through find out they don't know what the heck they're doing?

Absurd.

I'm so fed up with how Cedar Fair has treated Knott's.

I was there in September 2022 and it was so sad I was ashamed I brought my friends.
Cedar Point hiring Zamperla to redo Dragster is also a strange business decision, so I am not surprised by Cedar Fair opting for "creative" yet debatable decisions.

We are talking about a park that hinted at a possible giga bigger than Fury325 only to scale it back to a piss-poor B&M hyper that we haven't heard of since the rumour came out. It is as if they are making decisions as they go, with no long-term plans.

Maybe HangTime's spotty operations possibly scared FUN from investing into more attractions from Gerstlauer. So they went with other manufacturers for post 2018 CAPEX projects.
And how come the rest of parks owning a Gerstlauer Infinity are able to run them just fine? Poor operations are for parks to blame, not the rides' manufacturers.

For me, it's just sad to see yet another classic Schwarzkopf bite the dust with no clear replacement for it. No need for a flashy redo; just bring Gerstlauer to pull a Psyké Underground-kind of refurbishment and keep it running for decades to come.

Maybe true that choosing a company with little experience working on Schwarzkopf coasters is not the best. But after what happend at Gröna Lund the coaster might still have looked and felt fine but the time is there for a major overhaul. Gerstlauer did the overhaul at Walibi Belgium's Turbine - now Pyske Underground with new train and replacing the whole mechanical launch and breaks. Plus they also did new trains for multiple Schwarzkopf coasters.

What I really dislike that they are here also changing the track layout. The Rollercoaster Museum next to the old train also got part of the loop. So for me this is no overhaul - they maybe keep the name but for me its a new coaster.

On one hand a new credit if I happen to be in the area again - but on the other hand and far worse: One less Schwarzkopf coaster.

What I really dislike that they are here also changing the track layout. The Rollercoaster Museum next to the old train also got part of the loop. So for me this is no overhaul - they maybe keep the name but for me its a new coaster.
I believe it's essentially a Hulk retrack situation. So do you count Hulk '16 as a new cred?

For me, it's just sad to see yet another classic Schwarzkopf bite the dust with no clear replacement for it.

Totally agree. Especially one that didn't need to be touched.

I'm sure there's some manufacturer that could have made anything they needed for it to run another 10, 20 years without destroying the entire thing.

I believe it's essentially a Hulk retrack situation. So do you count Hulk '16 as a new cred?
Dunno if you can compare those two. Hulk is a quite long coaster - and if a small subsection is replaced by the original manufacturer its of course the same cred. A Shuttle Loop is a rather short coaster - and the loop is the defining AND essential element of that coaster. So if they replace the loop with a new less forceful one or - even worse - with another element its not the same coaster anymore: So that would be a new cred.

if a small subsection is replaced by the original manufacturer its of course the same cred.
In Hulk's case I believe after 2016 the only '99 track that remained was the station and MAYBE the brakes and/or first hill. Not a small subsection at all, and I believe some reprofiling happened too. I believe a very similar thing happened to Psyke Underground/Turbine. And of course I think the animation video had a layout that looked exactly like the old one. And of course I think they're using the old Schwarz supports. So not a new cred at all.

So funny to me new creds are still discussed as much as they are, it's that one coaster enthusiast topic I've never understood.

Is Superman Escape From Krypton backwards because it has a new car now a new cred? What if they were able to use the same cars to launch backwards? The world will never know.

I personally don't care about coaster creds, I've never kept track of mine. I just know what I've rode, new track, old track, new trains, old trains, so to each his own.

Montezuma will not be the same ride, so sure, take it as a new one if you want, who cares? The world is your oyster lol

can you imagin if they just pull a SDC/powder Keg but bad, they get zamperla to do a layout thats just a blantent knockoff of the intamin LSM a somehow fit the spikes into the layout

can you imagin if they just pull a SDC/powder Keg but bad

Honestly I've done something like that in Planet Coaster but made it a costum Schwarzkopf Shuttle. The return leg is so slow... 🤣

HOW TF DO "ACCIDENTLY" REMOVE A WHOLE-ASS LOOP?!?

"Sir....???"
"Yes, whats up?"
"We were supposed to remove the old drive system from Monte...?"
"Yes."
"There was some small slip-up...."
"How small?"
"We removed a tad more...."
"How much did you remove?"
"By accident we removed the loop...."
"THE LOOP!!! Can it be put back in?"
"We already donated that to the rollercoaster museum...."
"..."

"Sir....???"
"Yes, whats up?"
"We were supposed to remove the old drive system from Monte...?"
"Yes."
"There was some small slip-up...."
"How small?"
"We removed a tad more...."
"How much did you remove?"
"By accident we removed the loop...."
"THE LOOP!!! Can it be put back in?"
"We already donated that to the rollercoaster museum...."
"..."
yep thats knotts "accidently" removing a whole-ass loop than "accidently" donating to the nat coaster musem

The latest from Screamscape:
According to previous rumors, the announcement about what is coming to Camp Snoopy was not expected to take place until sometime in October, possibly later in the month as the end of Knott’s Scary Farm approaches.
If the rumors hold true, this may also be when we find out exactly what Cedar Fair has decided to do about the stalled Montezooma’s Revenge refurbishment project. So far, things are not looking good and unfortunately Knott’s may be forced to make a very tough decision that no one wants to make. Stay tuned!

"We've decided its beyond saving and have made the difficult decision to... replace it with a pax cobra"