What's new

Knott’s Berry Farm | MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress | Schwarzkopf Launch Refurb | 2024?

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
The nearly DOUBLED their impairment in a year?

That seems a bit troublesome to me...considering the sad state Knott's is in right now (and excluding CP) I wonder how the other parks in the chain have been fairing (pardon the pun). I haven't been to a Cedar Fair park besides those 2 in years...

Knott's isn't really in a sad state. The communicated at first about the refurb on Monty. They more than likely cant due to legal issues regarding them vs. kumback in court. Also, there was info on Xcelerator that the park obviously was behind the leaks before it actually ore-pened. The rest of the park has stayed the same aside from a few minor changes in food menus. People saying they wont go to the park is just dumb. I call complete BS on anybody that says it. The moment they announce a giga, you will chain yourself to the construction wall to be first in line. Yall are just getting pissed that a sub par and high maintenance ride that only lasts 27 seconds is the reason you go? No, hell no! Yall dump on whatever the popular "dump park" is. If Magic Mountain announces anything but a giga, they will be next. I get yall love classics, and so do I, but the ride never had more than a 15 minute wait, so where were you guys? Just like how y'all **** on vortex untill KI announced its closure. Then it was popular. I hope they save Monty from the firey pits of Knotts hell where windjammer resides, but a shuttle loop isn't the end of the world, and certainly not the reason y'all came to knott's. Let's be honest, y'all came for Ghostrider, and stayed for Boysenberry meatballs.

Some people genuinely care about Knott's. I did an entire final project in my history class about it. 100% for anybody who gives two craps. I was there the night they closed camp Snoopy in January. I was on the last ride for Rocky Mountain trucking company. Im there for events. I hauled ass and sprinted to the back on Xcelerator re-opening weekend. I see legit Knott's fans every time I'm there. The park has one of the best fanbases out there. You know who I don't see? The people on this forum complaining about Monty saying they will never come back. Y'all don't care, Monty is just 2023/4 vortex. Im not saying the park is perfect, cause it sure isn't, but don't hate the players, hate the game. Monty will die because of actual money, and actual safety and engineering. Going back to my previous point, Knott's ain't CP or MM, they won't get a giga and y'all are being spoiled little Karen's. So please Karen's, go take your Stanley, are drive you Hondaa minivan the hell away from a place that brings me, and plenty of other people great joy.

I would like to note that other than this, I am a non-confrintational pacifist. Have a great day :)

CallahanChan

Roller Poster
Hi, been a long time lurker and following this thread after Monte went down.
Well it looks like something happened!

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
in the span it took universal to build epic universe, knotts SOMEHOW, managed to screw up the whole processes of makinging this, got in a lawsuit(?), "accidently" sent the loop to the NRCM, & get 50% camp snoppy finished insted of montezooma.

emoo

Hyper Poster
There were many unwitnessed years of Epic planning and decisions before the mass concrete builds went up. Any lawsuit could easily slow things down tremendously from caution and priorities. It could also take time to find someone wiling to take over a car crash.

That said this is baffling. Are they sure this time?

Peet

Giga Poster
If I am correct, it closed in 2022. So 3 years to retrack a 200m long coaster. That would even be slow by Disney standards.
To be fair it wouldn't even be the slowest refurbishment of a Schwartzkopf Shuttle Loop - Walibi Holland's one was closed from 2009 to 2013 😂.

I'm glad to hear it's staying, these shuttle loops were really the birth of the launched coaster, well ahead of their time.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
To be fair it wouldn't even be the slowest refurbishment of a Schwartzkopf Shuttle Loop - Walibi Holland's one was closed from 2009 to 2013 😂.

I'm glad to hear it's staying, these shuttle loops were really the birth of the launched coaster, well ahead of their time.
Walibi H had one?!

Walibi H had one?!
I think Peet meant Psyké Underground at Walibi Belgium. (Apologies if not)

Speaking of Psyké Underground, that ride is a perfect example of a Schwartzkopf Shuttle Loop refurbishment done right. It's such a shame that Knott's didn't also go with Gerstlauer and do something similar.

Who knows, if we're lucky maybe the manufacturer that's replacing Taziker or Kumbak or whoever it was is in fact Gerstlauer.

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Walibi H had one?!

I think Peet meant Psyké Underground at Walibi Belgium. (Apologies if not)

Speaking of Psyké Underground, that ride is a perfect example of a Schwartzkopf Shuttle Loop refurbishment done right. It's such a shame that Knott's didn't also go with Gerstlauer and do something similar.

Who knows, if we're lucky maybe the manufacturer that's replacing Taziker or Kumbak or whoever it was is in fact Gerstlauer.

Ha yes sorry, Walibi Belgium! And yep agreed it was worth the wait