What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Pear

Strata Poster
New posters have been spotted at Cedar Point.

3.png

The "Number Five is Alive" could refer to Outpost 5, the old name for SoB's station. The second poster seems to indicate that these teasers are for Kings Island and not CP or Canada's Wonderland.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I mean, it could be something for both KI and CP since the poster says "Mason - Sandusky" on it. Perhaps a clone for both parks?

Or maybe RMC SoB?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Hutch

Strata Poster
I wonder if Number 5 could also refer to a 5th wooden coaster for the park... obvious choice there is an RMC but who knows.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Okay there Amusement Insiders...
Okay when I meant "obvious choice" I was referring to the manufacture that I think most enthusiasts would want. I'm not saying that I think it'll be an RMC.

I'm just making playful speculation. I don't even know if this is gonna be a thing or not.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
*ahem* - Number 5?

IMG_1268.jpg

The #5 reference also favors a 5th wooden coaster being added to Kings Island. The mine pictured in the poster is also the Beast station taken from a different angle.

But the reference of new discovery and putting something back in service? RMC that SOB.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I was just there last week and there was no sign of construction anywhere. Trust me, we all know I’d have an aneurism if my home park got an RMC but I doubt it. RMC likes to get to work early and there’s been nothing to suggest that they’re getting anything major next year.

Fred Grubb was there back in May but I don’t think he was with Alan. I think they’re just getting RMC to look at maybe doing some kind of maintenance on Racer and possibly some others a la Thunder Run, which would be very much welcomed given the beating I took on it when I was there.

These posters seem like trolling to me. CP never promotes KI’s attractions, if they have a marketing budget for something there are probably 1000 better ways to use it, and we all know Tony Clark is the biggest troll alive.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
It may not be something for exactly next season, but maybe they're constructing somewhere way in the back?

Perhaps where Dinosaurs Alive! was and the presumed spot of that infamous KI Giga?
I was just there last week and there was no sign of construction anywhere. Trust me, we all know I’d have an aneurism if my home park got an RMC but I doubt it. RMC likes to get to work early and there’s been nothing to suggest that they’re getting anything major next year.

Fred Grubb was there back in May but I don’t think he was with Alan. I think they’re just getting RMC to look at maybe doing some kind of maintenance on Racer and possibly some others a la Thunder Run, which would be very much welcomed given the beating I took on it when I was there.

These posters seem like trolling to me. CP never promotes KI’s attractions, if they have a marketing budget for something there are probably 1000 better ways to use it, and we all know Tony Clark is the biggest troll alive.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster

I disagree tbh. How much can getting a couple of posters printed really cost? I really doubt it would be much at all, at least not a noticeable figure from a marketing budget.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I disagree tbh. How much can getting a couple of posters printed really cost? I really doubt it would be much at all, at least not a noticeable figure from a marketing budget.
Let me rephrase that. I feel it wouldn’t be worth the resources. Granted they are doing it for CW, but that’s just one. Having them make and post a poster for every new addition in the chain seems like a waste of not just money but also time to design them that could be spent doing other things. Teasing one partially built coaster in a park that probably shares a good portion of CP’s market, okay. But having them tease every addition CF addition for 2019 seems like a bit of a stretch which is kind of where I’d draw the line here. KI shares market with CP but knowing how KI fanboys are (CW’s fandom is nowhere near as nerdy about their home park if I’m correct), how Tony is, the fact that there’s no construction at KI at the moment, and the fact that doing a bunch of these for every new addition in the chain seems pointless, I’d take this as trolling. It’s not just that point alone, it’s that point combined with everything else.

Makes me want to go to KI today, don’t work til 10 and maybe there’s something there that wasn’t there last.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
TBF, this isn't a full blown marketing campaign - just a fun, cheap poster. ;) I don't think anyone is believing Cedar Point "handles" all teasers, nor should they.

I think this is designed for the exact purpose of what's going on here; having fun with the dedicated community. Remember the SOB logo easter eggs embedded in Mystic Timber's station? Cedar Fair handles much of its designing and marketing direction for all parks as centralized, in-house at the Cedar Fair office on-site at CP. And since they design a lot of marketing/design collateral for rides that never see the light of day - why not have some jest with an elusive mining-themed advertisement that leverages the current Steel Vengeance presence and gives something fun for enthusiasts to ponder. I don't see Six Flags or other chains poking as much fun at other previewed attractions.

This is fun!