What's new

Kings Dominion | Rapterra | B&M Launched Wing Coaster | 2025

Usual section of parking lot has been fenced off for a staging area. Previous new coasters have been stored here, looks like we'll be expecting B&M track very soon if accurate;

Footers in the meantime are going absolutely swimmingly;
the-first-footers-for-project-2025-at-kings-dominion-are-in-v0-sksnnxyq35tc1.jpeg
Source

Definitely feels like a project with a good head start. If they finish building the ride during the summer, they have a full offseason to spend on theming. Not saying they're building another mountain, but judging by that queue design there's potential for a solid atmosphere. Cedar Fair has really upped their game in theming over the past couple of years and they've made themselves time to go all out;
GCH_u6MWIAAVCae.jpeg

It's the only known B&M that has footers in the ground so could well be this ride.
Historically it's not uncommon for Clermont to have track painted & ready a full year in advance, regardless if major groundwork has begun. It could be for KD, but I would lean more towards that being BGW's (alleged Big Bad Wolf tribute) heavily rumored family invert. Colors would match that perfectly, if that's what it is.

Construction is well underway now.
449121442_995014112412380_4423376467230773641_n.jpg

448968685_995014135745711_8272603087220290971_n.jpg

438263716_995014189079039_8006164662103476976_n.jpg

📷 Brian Sterowski

If this is another rattle-fest can we officially declare the death of B&M?

Sort of hard to believe they made Montu / Mako etc. at this point.

With the old inverts… I presume these have the ‘illusion’ of aging better (or simply age better) because your head is closer to the track… so it’s your feet that are subject to amplification via distance, rather than your head.

If this is another rattle-fest can we officially declare the death of B&M?

Sort of hard to believe they made Montu / Mako etc. at this point.

With the old inverts… I presume these have the ‘illusion’ of aging better (or simply age better) because your head is closer to the track… so it’s your feet that are subject to amplification via distance, rather than your head.
From what I've heard this has to do with their continued use of a less-experienced installer, one that SeaWorld apparently introduced to them, and not necessarily the actual fabrication/design process...

From what I've heard this has to do with their continued use of a less-experienced installer, one that SeaWorld apparently introduced to them, and not necessarily the actual fabrication/design process...
What difference would the installer make in terms of how the coasters ride, out of interest?

These elements look very drawn out, which doesn't excite me much. I feel like the smaller, shorter, and punchier wing coasters are the bigger ones, whilst the Gatekeeper-esque ones aren't anything exciting. I think we may have the latter on our hands here, at first glance.