What's new

Kings Dominion 2014/2015 coaster

andrus

Giga Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
insanecoastervids said:
I think they need a new woodie
only if they remove a woodie. 5 will be too many. unless they're shooting for the wooden coaster capital of the world...
They only got three adult woodies, whereof two are rubbish anyway.. I think they need a woodie as well. A new modern and good woodie. Maybe an Intamin prefab (worlds tallest) or a crazy RMC would suit the park and it's clientele well! And I don't mind the park keeping the old woodies, but I wouldn't mind if they scrapped Grizzly or (especially) Hurler either.

tribar

Mega Poster
I say keep Rebel Yell te way it is so you still have a classic coaster ten get rid of Hurler and build an Intmain prefab or GCI and then give Grizzly a RMC makeover. It probably won't happen but that would be cool

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
So if Carowinds is getting a giga in 2015, what do you think that means for this park? If its anything like 2014, where only 1 new coaster was added in the chain, then do you think that that effects what KD could get? And in that article, it mentioned how they considered doing the $50 million to either KD or Carowinds. I agree with the choice to go to Carowinds, but I wonder if that will change anything for this park. Could we potentially see the coaster in 2016?

bmac

Giga Poster
If I remember what I heard right, Kings Dominion would be getting a coaster as a part of their 40th anniversary celebrations (which span 2014 to 2015), but that was before Cedar Fair announced Carowinds would be getting the money. Kings Dominion is still getting a good bit of funding, just it's going towards refreshing the park instead of adding new rides. For their future plans, Water Works expansion, new coaster, new fountain, new rides package (hey doesn't that sound familiar?).