Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HP Sauce

• Neither

• Total voters

Crow

Mega Poster
So just a simple question - Ketchup Or HP Sauce?
Which is better?

Personally I always choose HP over ketchup. :--D

What do you lot think?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Houses of Parliament is good for some things, but ketchup is much better in my opinion. It fits a much wider spectrum of dishes.

Rush

Giga Poster
HP Sauce all the way.

Ketchup is just molten dog turd stained with a woman's monthly discharge. (Not that I've tried the said ingredients.)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ketchup or Hewlett Packard? I'd rather have a sauce than a printer with my sausages, if I'm honest.

I'd prefer the HP sauce or any kind of like, barbecue-y type sauce over ketchup, for sure! Actually I don't really eat ketchup with anything, anymore.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ketchup is vile.

Brown sauce is alright, but to be honest, I generally think that sauces like that ruin most foods.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Ketchup always for me, I have it on everything. I would only use the brown sauce when we run out of ketchup. Doesn't go too well with chips though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
Ketchup is vile.

Brown sauce is alright, but to be honest, I generally think that sauces like that ruin most foods.

Martyn understands.

When I eat food, I want it to taste of the food I am eating. So if I eat chicken, I want it to taste of chicken, not ketchup.

If I eat chips, I want to taste chips, not ketchup.

If I eat fish fingers, I want to taste vadge, not ketchup.

Yes, sauces can be used to enhance a flavour or taste, but it's when it's an elaborate, deliberate use of sauce to enhance flavours. Use of Ketchup, or HP or whatever just shows a poor, limited palette and a general lack of taste :p

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Probably Ketchup. Being in Australia I was a bit deprived of the HP Sauce a little more than if I had lived in the UK but I still had it but Ketchup fits more types of food than what HP does. I only ever use HP for when I'm having a steak and that's about it. Mind you, no sauce is as good as Southwest dressing, that stuff is the ****.