What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yeah, 8 years to be exact. And it's obvious that the UK's answer to Disneyland is and always will be... a f*cken swamp.
A swamp with a big pylon and a couple of rare spiders. That's it. That's the UK's answer to everything these days.
A f*cken swamp.
Brexit? Swamp.
Pandemic? Swamp.
London Resort? Here, have a f*cken swamp.

Swamp.
Actually, the project has been in dev for 16 years :p

We're finally getting there though. Come on London Resort!!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

One day, this thread will finally die, and it will be a glorious day.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I think Del P pointing out that the claim of investment may be false is valid contribution to this thread? Even though I know this project will likely be a bust I still enjoy seeing users like Matt N try and justify it. The discussion goes both ways, don't be afraid of jumping in dude even if you're going against the grain.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Why even bother posting on the thread if you're just going to put people down for being optimistic when a project has made genuine progress?
This has been going on for years with nothing happening. When I see actual proof that this "project" is happening, i.e. foundations and mud or an actual website along the lines of when the newest Gullivers was being built then I'll believe this will actually happen.

Until that happens this is a load of rubbish that can be filed away with the fabled 500ft coaster in Florida.

But by all means change my mind and point out this genuine progress you are claiming...

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
This has been going on for years with nothing happening. When I see actual proof that this "project" is happening, i.e. foundations and mud or an actual website along the lines of when the newest Gullivers was being built then I'll believe this will actually happen.

Until that happens this is a load of rubbish that can be filed away with the fabled 500ft coaster in Florida.

But by all means change my mind and point out this genuine progress you are claiming...
This is a valid viewpoint, but I don’t think that your viewpoint specifically is what people were complaining about. I think that what people found obnoxious was that after you voiced your opinion, you replied more with gifs that take up space and add nothing to the conversation, especially when this thread is for news and speculation.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This is a valid viewpoint, but I don’t think that your viewpoint specifically is what people were complaining about. I think that what people found obnoxious was that after you voiced your opinion, you replied more with gifs that take up space and add nothing to the conversation, especially when this thread is for news and speculation.
Fair. I've now given my viewpoint in non gif form.
Imagine getting riled by a couple of gifs on a forum ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got a question; if they had no money, and were seeking additional investment, why would they say that they’ve already secured sufficient funding to go ahead with it?

Surely they would say “we are currently in the process of attempting to secure outside investment” or something like that, as opposed to saying that they’ve already got the money?

rob666

Hyper Poster
To be taken seriously in the circumstances, and to justify drawing a fat salary, especially with the local authorities and statutory agencies that now will have to spend real money dealing with the plans for this unrealistic project...they have hinted about going round in circles in their responses to the second consultation..."We told you last time"...
If the outline development gets approved, then they will have to reveal all, especially because of all the talk of dodgy investors.
Why keep your "big funder" secret?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I’ve got a question; if they had no money, and were seeking additional investment, why would they say that they’ve already secured sufficient funding to go ahead with it?
To make investors think everything is ready to go, that shovels will be in the ground by tomorrow and the park will be making money within a few years. Also to generate a sense of confidence: "Lots of other people have invested in the project!" They're trying to make it look like the bandwagon is already rolling and that new investors only have to jump on it and enjoy the ride, rather than pushing to get it started in the first place.

Niles

Giga Poster
Im imaging that the executives will say they have the horrible job of having to make sure this is a viable option before work starts and will be hiring a cruse ship soon, they will have to be stuck on the top decks of the cruse ship with the pools, slides, fancy restaurants, luxury rooms, waiters and spa to make sure when it comes time to build the resort, the workers can have the bottom cabins. 😅

Last edited: