What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

marc

CF Legend
Both Dr who and Top Gear are huge all around the world, well maybe not so much Top Gear anymore lol.

It's a good move by them if they go with these and it stops Merlin getting their grubby hands on Dr Who.

Ben

CF Legend
^A bit outdated?

Understatement of the century, they might as well open Clarissa Explains It All: The Ride at Universal Studios.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ben said:
^A bit outdated?

Understatement of the century, they might as well open Clarissa Explains It All: The Ride at Universal Studios.

Outdated to us, afaik it's still quite popular overseas.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I know I said earlier that I wasn't sure about Dr Who but now I've thought about it, it could make a brilliant world class 4D dark ride with a mixture of real animatronics and 3D screens.

Smithy

Strata Poster
owenrita121 said:
Smithy said:
Ben said:
^A bit outdated?

Outdated to us, afaik it's still quite popular overseas.
But this will be a UK park, not overseas...

Aye I'd missed the bit where it said Kent, England in the thread title :roll:

As above, the place is obviously after being an international destination rather than just a national one given it's scale.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Given that Dr Who is one of the most watched UK shows in the US (with Downton Abbey behind it if I recall), it would be stupid of them to have this how international appeal plan and NOT use such an IP...

Combined with Paramount stuff like Star Trek and whatever other films they have, it could be an interesting combo...

sparky2u

Mega Poster
All I want to see at the park is a wooden coaster with loads of "airtime", in the UK we are not allowed "ejector type airtime" ( e.g. El Toro woodie at SFGA) on coasters.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
For anyone who isn't from the UK and is reading this, the UK is allowed to have ejector airtime on the coasters and don't listen to a work the post above me just said.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
sparky2u said:
All I want to see at the park is a wooden coaster with loads of "airtime", in the UK we are not allowed "ejector type airtime" ( e.g. El Toro woodie at SFGA) on coasters.

Ok, then.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I think this park should build an out and back B&M hyper similar to Behemoth and Shambhala that overtakes The Big One's UK height record. It would make a great star attraction for the park and attract plenty of attention from the media.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Yeah, you've got no hope of that happening any time soon. As I've mentioned countless numbers of times: Don't expect much in the way of thrill rides for the park, it's more of an entertainment park than a thrill park :)

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
david morton said:
Blah blah blah Paramount theme park, blah blah blah BBC Doctor Who and Top Gear blah blah blah

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30411131

http://www.londonparamount.info/news/pa ... nt-resort/

Rides based on popular BBC shows such as Top Gear and Doctor Who could to form a central part of a £2bn Kent theme park, it has been announced.

Turns out Sherlock is joining the list. Don't know what ride they could pull off with Sherlock but I'm glad they're adding it. Probably a dark ride or a Baker Street themed Area?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Travel/Eu...-and-Sherlock-rides-coming-to-BBC-theme-park/

Roller coaster for Doctor Who and Top Gear is my guess.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, I'll bet they move the Doctor Who show that was running in London. It's already set up and can go somewhere cheaper to operate at very little cost.

Lofty

CF Legend
You can guarantee that the attractions they're going to add are of the highest quality and not replicas of anything that's been before.