What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Hope the Maxx Force trains are as aesthetically pleasing as these.

I hope you're joking.

Unless you like deformed american footballs sticking out of a plastic tea tray. And the restraints with that padding that doesn't quite fit round the edges of the shin guards. And the colours.. barff

Literally there is nothing good looking about this ride at all. I can't find a single aesthetic design choice I like.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think they look fine. I'm not offended by the football theme so I think they did a decent job given the theme. I am however interested in hearing the locals' impressions of the ride when I'm at the park.

Snoo

The Legend
I think they look fine. I'm not offended by the football theme so I think they did a decent job given the theme. I am however interested in hearing the locals' impressions of the ride when I'm at the park.

You're going to be in Pittsburgh.. so everyone will love it. As a Browns fan, I hate it. :p

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
It would be interesting if Blackpool opened a Manchester United themed ride. It could be better than Steel Vengeance but still be the most hated coaster in the country, and possibly have a negative effect on visitor numbers!

Football/soccer is more tribal and aggressive over here, it could never happen.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It would be interesting if Blackpool opened a Manchester United themed ride. It could be better than Steel Vengeance but still be the most hated coaster in the country, and possibly have a negative effect on visitor numbers!

I actually wouldn't put it past a bunch of Liverpool fans to build a ride dedicated to Liverpool Football Club :rolleyes:

jay37415

Mega Poster
Keep in mind that for all intents and purposes, Kennywood is a regional park. All my friends from that area are excited about a coaster themed to their beloved team.
The other thing to keep in mind is that the Steeler organization is footing some of the bill for this area.
Personally, I don't think people could care less about the theme and more about the ride experience. think about it, how many people think of the Charlotte Hornets when talking about Fury or mention the fact that there are 2 NASCAR themed coasters out there.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've pretty much written off getting this credit. The park has about a month to get everything done and tested before I roll through the area..... And while it will be annoying to miss out on a new ride, at least it gives me reason to visit Kennywood... again?

Pear

Strata Poster
cye3o5y96uy21.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I've pretty much written off getting this credit. The park has about a month to get everything done and tested before I roll through the area..... And while it will be annoying to miss out on a new ride, at least it gives me reason to visit Kennywood... again?
Same except I'm happy it gives me a reason not to visit this year.

Just gonna drive past Pittsburg and grumble.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Blackpool has its own Football club, Man U is a much bigger brand but as you say the hate is high for them, suppose it would be the equivalent of a Yankees or Patriots (or any Boston team really) ride in the US

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, does anyone have another angle of that? My gut feel is that this is a perspective thing making it look much worse than it is.