What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

jay37415

Mega Poster
There's no MCBR or launch system to worry about so the systems should be pretty basic. Kentucky flyer was up and running after two weeks of testing. So theoretically, if they can get the track complete in 2 weeks. ( saw pictures today that the other tower is 1/3 complete). then have 2 weeks of testing, the beginning of june is possible.

simple math: ride cycle is 2 minutes. so if they average 20 cycles per hour. That means they could hit 1000 cycles in 50 hours and that leaves 30 hours to make adjustments.

image1.jpeg

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Still the most hyped North American coaster opening this year in my book. This thing looks just god damn amazing.

Pear

Strata Poster
Lol

image0.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Another day, another Steel Curtain update. Kennywood posted a brief video showcasing the various work taking place around the entire site. They've really been making a push to finish raising steel as soon as they possibly can. While all of the buildings appear to be a work in progress, it's good to see that no work is currently idling.

A Reddit poster also uploaded a photo showing that the supports for the sea serpent look to be complete:

https://www.reddit.com/r/path%3D%252Fr%252Frollercoasters%252Fcomments%252Fblw78s%252F

Keep on pushin'!

Rupert

Mega Poster
This is going to be so imposing over so much of the park!

I don't know if it's related to Steel Curtain construction, but I've just seen that RCDB are listing Sky Rocket as SBNO for this year. Anyone know why this might be the case?

jay37415

Mega Poster
This is going to be so imposing over so much of the park!

I don't know if it's related to Steel Curtain construction, but I've just seen that RCDB are listing Sky Rocket as SBNO for this year. Anyone know why this might be the case?

Skyrocket had a fire in the control cabinet. Some of those parts, for whatever reason, had to come from Germany and I'm sure cost 4 times as much. I would assume that KW put the repairs on the back burner last summer due to trying to get Thomas Town up and running and get to it in the off season. Right before Season Passholder Day, KW posted on their Social Media accounts that Skyrocket was testing. They still have it on their webpage so I'd assume it will open soon.

As for the piece of track that's just randomly there and not lined up. If you look directly above it there is a cross beam. It appears that they temporarily placed the track there because it would be too hard to swing in with the crane once the support structure is in place. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Remember, these guys hanging steel know what they are doing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As for the piece of track that's just randomly there and not lined up. If you look directly above it there is a cross beam. It appears that they temporarily placed the track there because it would be too hard to swing in with the crane once the support structure is in place. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Remember, these guys hanging steel know what they are doing.
It's not the guys hanging the steel we question, it's the people providing the steel. ;)

But yes, your observation looks to be pretty good.