What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Pear

Strata Poster
47022048_2439351929414551_8075241632691126272_n.png

Snoo

The Legend
that photo is a great reminder of how utterly Massive this is going to look in this park. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

Yeah this ride, alone, is huge. Let alone where its located in the park. It will definitely be the icon of the park next to Phanny.

jay37415

Mega Poster
To give it a size reference of how massive this will be. The top of the Aero 360 is about 75 feet and the supports for the stall over the walkway is about 2/3 as high as it will be. Racer is listed at a height of 72 feet which means the supports for the lift on Curtain are 1/3 complete.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Are you on mobile by any chance, photos never scale right for me either. If you click on the image you can see it in its entirety.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Coaster Studios pays a visit to the Intermountain Lift factory, showing off the Steel Curtain track manufacturing:-
Slightly going off topic, but Taylor also told me he filmed a lot of Maxx Force track, which he said he couldn't tell the difference between that and Steel Curtain's track besides the colour, so the track types are identical, and not that of a Chinese air launch coaster. He also said he won't be releasing these pictures/footage until SFGA shows of the Maxx Force track on their social media, so they can receive the thunder.

Marnit

Roller Poster
Every time I see anything about this ride, I can't help but think the colour scheme is inverted.
What's black should probably been yellow, and the yellow parts black...

Why would you want the track to dissapear from sight, but draw massive attention to such a huge, straight frame completely encasing said track?

Kennywoodfan

Roller Poster
Every time I see anything about this ride, I can't help but think the colour scheme is inverted.
What's black should probably been yellow, and the yellow parts black...

Why would you want the track to dissapear from sight, but draw massive attention to such a huge, straight frame completely encasing said track?
I’ve been thinking about the coaster color debate for a while and I agree. For those who don’t know the Steelers uniforms are mainly black with a little bit of yellow and if the coaster is Steelers themed it should look that way. You don’t want too much yellow

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
No, I think they made the right choice. When I think about a massive black structure with yellow track it looks worse than what they’re doing. Although honestly neither looks that good.