What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Maybe you add the numbers together — 17 — and pick the corresponding letter of the alphabet — Q ... never mind ...

Matt N

CF Legend
Or maybe it could be the ride height in feet. A Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster like HangTime or Karnan would be a nice fit at Kennywood, in my opinion, especially if they gave it a beyond vertical drop steeper than Fahrenheit's. Also, Parques have a good relationship with Gerstlauer from Gold Rush, and they're building Bobbejaanland's 2019 ride, so maybe they snagged a multi-coaster deal?

On a side note, just think about how awesome a 197ft tall Takabisha/HangTime-styled Infinity Coaster would be for the park. I know it's not an RMC, a multi-launch or a hyper, but Smiler's a fun ride, and the newer Infinities have lap bars, so this would be a great fit tor Kennywood, in my opinion.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
An actual serious prediction...Three could represent a triple/swing launch, like Soaring With Dragon or a Sky Rocket II. 197 could be the highest point of the ride in feet.

Matt N

CF Legend
An actual serious prediction...Three could represent a triple/swing launch, like Soaring With Dragon or a Sky Rocket II. 197 could be the highest point of the ride in feet.
Yeah, that doesn't seem like too bad of a guess, actually. Maybe it's a supersized version of Gold Rush at Slagharen?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I would honestly love to see them do a tamer beginning that has a launch into an zero-g stall that finishes by going off the hillside into the 197ft drop.

The ride finishes in an homage to the ending of Steel Phantom: drop into a loop followed by some bunny hills, a batwing (or something resembling one) and a corkscrew thay finishes into the brake run.

jay37415

Mega Poster
stumbled across a Youtuber that says a there is a suspicion on Reddit that this could be an Intamin "Soaring with Dragon" clone or similar to it. It is 197 feet tall with (technically) 3 launches. although it would be awesome, I'm not 100% sold on the idea that its going to go down the ravine because the other proposal could not get approval from the govt. because of feared environmental impact.

https://rcdb.com/13420.htm

Jstanich

Roller Poster
I really don’t think 197 is the height of this. I don’t think they would give away that important of a number of the coaster with the first number they released. It may not be the most important to the people here but to probably 90% of the people that are gonna ride this thing the two things their gonna wanna know is how tall is it and how fast does it go. I’d say these numbers are more something like say 197 pieces of track or it crosses over itself 3 times. Something more along those lines. I just don’t see them going through this whole teaser campaign to just give the stats up right away.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
No, I think they'd do the obvious stats, but they haven't told us what they match up with. That's for us to decide until the official announcement.