What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Ben

CF Legend
And like people have said - it’s the track record. S&S have cocked up on basically every major coaster they’ve ever built, but sure this is nothing to do with them.

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
They had to cut a piece of track to bits to get it to fit with another piece of track/support. Sure doesn't sound like a design issue. :rolleyes:
It looks like it was fitting fine, it could be they just installed them in the wrong order and it was easier to cut the tie rather than remove the whole piece since the tie doesn't matter anyways.

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I want nothing more than for this ride to be a success. But it's impossible not to laugh when supports clearly don't line up, when supports have to be chopped off and re-welded to fit, or when a piece of track has to be cut out to make something fit. Sure it'll probably all work out in the end, but the journey so far hasn't been the most.. precise one.

Pear

Strata Poster
It looks like it was fitting fine, it could be they just installed them in the wrong order and it was easier to cut the tie rather than remove the whole piece since the tie doesn't matter anyways.
It obviously wasn't fitting fine if it had to be removed.

I'd love to see the mental gymanstics you pull to justify this support not lining up and needing to be sawed off and having a new piece welded to it.

image0.png

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
It obviously wasn't fitting fine if it had to be removed.

I'd love to see the mental gymanstics you pull to justify this support not lining up and needing to be sawed off and having a new piece welded to it.

image0.png
You're saying it's a totally new and unique thing to fix supports as they are constructed? My argument isn't that they are doing a perfect job it's that y'all are watching this too closely and with crazy standards you don't apply to literally any other construction.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, that's bollocks to be fair. Any issue like this gets picked up on in every single other construction - just that you've not seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The frequency of ****-ups by S&S just means that you're probably seeing it more.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Trying to remember that time when B&M had to cut the track in half to get it to fit... nope, can't recall one. :p

I mean, forget cutting the track. B&M doesn't even do pull-throughs because they know what they are doing.

Sure, most if Intamin's pioneer projects haven't gone all that well either, but a coaster like this is industry standard stuff. If you can't construct something like this without a file and hacksaw on site, I'm not sure you should be building coasters at all.

Pear

Strata Poster
For what it's worth there was also a support alignment mistake on Taron during construction. I believe this was due to the park pouring a footer in the wrong spot though and not Intamin.

gfShFFG.jpg

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Trying to remember that time when B&M had to cut the track in half to get it to fit... nope, can't recall one. :p
Just to be contrary...:p
Well no cutting of track was involved but there was that time B&M incorrectly manufactured one of the supports for Black Mamba's vertical loop. It fit the footers perfectly just was completely shaped the wrong way/angled in the wrong direction for track to be attached. Had to be taken back to the factory.
2019-03-26_3.png

As seen at this time stamp.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just to be contrary...:p
Well no cutting of track was involved but there was that time B&M incorrectly manufactured one of the supports for Black Mamba's vertical loop. It fit the footers perfectly just was completely shaped the wrong way/angled in the wrong direction for track to be attached. Had to be taken back to the factory.
Hahaha, muppets!

Appreciate the evidence though, just goes to show nobody is perfect.

I'll amend. ;)
Trying to remember all those times when B&M had to cut the track in half to get it to fit... :p
I maintain the point still stands. :p

Last edited: