Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

Matt N

CF Legend
An S&S Air Launch would be interesting; the ones in China are supposed to be absolutely fantastic according to those who've ridden, but they already have Sky Rocket in the same park, and that was only built 8 years ago, so I don't know.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I actually heard an S&S rumor a while back from a somewhat reputable source, this actually might be my new guess! An air launch would be much different from Sky Rocket, and in that compact space it's the perfect way to get a train up to speed to clear a 197 foot hill with a short launch track. I could totally see one of these shooting around that run down plaza.

If it's this size, the challenge will be making sure it's different enough from Phantom but if it's launched, the challenge will be making sure it isn't seen as just a bigger Sky Rocket. Maybe a launch into a huge inversion before continuing on?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This is such an enthusiast mind **** haha

I got spited by the sky rocket so make it good so I have more reasons to go back! (Not that I didn't like the park but still!)

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
197ft tall
220ft drop
24 riders per train
3 trains
75mph
120 degree element?

Best I got. :p
I feel the 120 might be a reference to inversion height. Slightly higher launch track than the Chinese ones, 75 mph launch into 197 foot element off ground, 220 foot drop partially down that hill, come back up into 120 foot tall inversion. 120 would also make a good angle for a giant overbank right out the launch, which would be very S&S as well as set it apart from the other two steel coasters nicely.

jay37415

Mega Poster
The Japanese coasters have a 83 mph launch to get up the 197' hill. So if 75 is a launch speed then 120 could be the height of the top hat with a 220' drop own the ravine. But I not so sure of that. 75 mph is a doable top speed off of a 220' first drop with a chain lift though so the 75mph top speed could be translated to mean a lot of different things in terms of elements.