What's new

Josh's Movie Competition!

scw55

Hyper Poster
Should I still enter my layout even though it's just a layout? I don't want to cause other participants to be insulted by my 'lack of effort' as I wasn't planning on entering, but feels like a shame if only one person does.

reddude333

Giga Poster
It's up to you. My "entry" is not exactly going to be a lightweight but it's all in good fun anyway so I don't think it hurts to put something out there. I just really got into this in the last few days that's why I'm entering it.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'm in. I have an idea I'd like to fulfill, and incidently it fits the area restriction - narrowly.
Layout is complete, and it's pulling some 4.5G :)

Let's see if I can pull another Eridan-like effort and do it in only a few days.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I just have no inspiration for theming.

I have Movies I'd love to do but I cannot build a ride out of them.

The two will never meet. I hope you at least find my layout interesting.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Wont be entering unfortunately. I have had no access to my desktop for a while, I should be back on RCT within the month hopefully.

reddude333

Giga Poster
That's alright. This comp is turning out to be a last ditch effort kind of thing. Hope you can be back for the next comp...hosted by...anyone want to take up the torch? I am willing to I suppose.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I had two ideas in the works which I was going to put forwards after C10 but Josh snuck in a week before the deadline.

[mine were 'unique element/setting' or 'mini-coaster (a limited height range of 35ft)]

scw55

Hyper Poster
My Submission

Was meant to be themed A Nightmare Before Christmas but the layout never echoed any of the film. It would have just been a coaster themed around the ride which I thought was wrong and a waste of time. I thought the Layout and Theming should go hand-in-hand. To a make a sort of strange Narrative-Driven layout.

The bare minimum I needed was for the layout to split into two sections, the First being Halloween Town and the Second being Christmas Town and perhaps a third being the climax where the two combine into a horrific nightmare. This was too ambitious for me so I gave up. I also got depressed doing custom supports so they're half-done.

jUArZ.jpg

Station

mJFFS.jpg

The 'scw55 drop'. A lifthill into a Zero-G Roll and then a drop

m7oyN.jpg

Second bit of the tapering first drop

67GsC.jpg

Half Over-Banked Turn -> Barrel Roll -> Half Large Vertical Loop (maintaining the direction of rotation)

iXcXx.jpg

Barrel Roll in a Ditch. Dangerously Close to the ground. Nemesis inspiration. Potentially dangerous levels of +Gs

LkR5b.jpg

Ariel view of Half Over-Banked Turn -> Full Barrel Roll-> Over-Banker Turn in the other direction [maintaining direction of rotation])

bQ7Cr.jpg

Bow-Tie Inversion Parallel to a Cobra Roll

zNxvK.jpg

Zero G-Roll over itself. I like the sort of appearance of the train jumping over. I guess what I try to achieve with my layouts is the impression of flight

Zmp3A.jpg

Double Corkscrew that coils on a separate Corkscrew from earlier, giving the illusion of a tripple Corkscrew in succession at first glance

Overviews

IJoMk.jpg

5OzjR.jpg

aYBhY.jpg

qhQEH.jpg

Sadly I cannot post PoV of this as it takes ages to record them. As this ride is 15s+ long then I will never do one in till I buy a Desktop Computer.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Alright, so I'm still entering but the theming is highly extensive. I will do my best to get it in in the next few days if I can power through, but this somehow became my most complicated project yet...or at least very close.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Wow, if this more complex then the last one then I cant wait.

Also, good news, I have been reunited with my desktop so I could be back for the next comp.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, I'm still working Josh. Like I said, it will be outside the size restriction...but it will definitely be worth the wait if you are okay with it. Sadly I am still on theming and haven't even started support work...but then again that shouldn't be difficult at all.

And yeah, Colossus, this thing is more complex...not so much in story as in shear content. Glad to hear you will be back soon!

scw55

Hyper Poster
I don't want more time myself sorry. But thank you for offering. I'm salivating at what wondrous creation reddude will produce.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I welcome your extra-extra time Josh. I think we've all been so busy with our irl projects so this delay is not unjustified.

It looks like another interestingly close battle is emerging. My coaster will be inside the size restriction, so I may have a little head start. Curiously, I've taken the complete opposite of your path, my supports are almost done, while theming is almost non-existent.

And I'm also using a damn special element...

reddude333

Giga Poster
Actually I'm realizing most of my attraction does fit within the 30x50 plot. Shame it's too far along to fix that issue...although I like this how it is so at least it will be a good personal project.

Josh73

Giga Poster
A couple pages back I said this:
I said:
By the way, I don't mind if your queue or theming goes outside the bounderies, it's mainly the coaster that I want inside.
Remember it if your nervous about the limitations.