What's new

Japan's Many Expo's And Their Coasters

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I didn't realize until now that Rusutsu is pretty much a retirement home for Japanese coasters that had brief stints elsewhere. I think only the SLC was built for them?

Also, did we ever find out why Venus GP wasn't put up there? Was it always meant to just be stored there temporarily?
The Meisho built "Mountain Coaster" doesnt appear to have come from anywhere else either. Although there was an expo with a coaster the year before that I've not dug up any pictures of yet so who knows.

Well I was right. Turns out Rusutsu's Meisho built Mountain Coaster did indeed come from somewhere else, just not an Expo for once. It was at Yatsu Yuenchi from 1979 to 1982 before Rusutsu bought it when the park closed. The corkscrew at Rusutsu also came from the same park.

Both can be seen in this aerial view of Yatsu.
Rusutsu.jpg

That leaves just the Vekoma SLC as an original coaster first built at Rusutsu. All the others are relocated (Although in the case of the Wild Mouse no one seems to know where from)

Edit: Never mind dug up the wild mouse location too. It came from an indoor park in Hokkaido called Dynarecx. https://rcdb.com/3495.htm
Dyna.jpg
Although back then it had spinning cars. Which makes the weird layout make a bit more sense at least.

In short it really is just the SLC at Rusutsu that was originally constructed at the park. All the other coasters come second hand from elsewhere. I wonder if they picked up the SLC cheap somehow. Would fit their MO as a park. :)

Last edited: