What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

A

Anonymous

I would say this will be better than BF... Becouse, it features almost the same elements, not counting the loop, plus adds some quite awesome ones. Also, Intamin is a veteran in this field, and Mack is kinda a newcomer...

Oh, and how it combines Stormrunner and maverick?
Stormrunners tophat + inversions and Mavericks Airtime, and the weird corkscrew inversion

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
A little less patronizing would be nice... there is that whole respect thing in the rules...

Either way, I don't think it matter which one is better... I think it's pretty clear they should both be really good.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Ok CP6, Goliath SFoG and Tatsu are just like Maverick and Storm Runner too because they have corkscrews and airtime... The point I'm trying to get at is that we've already been through these motions with Fahrenheit last year, why do we have to bring it back with iSpeed. It's a very unique design that includes tons of cool inversions, airtime, and fast turns. The only thing this ride has in common with Maverick is a launch, and with Storm Runner a top hat.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SFoG's Goliath doesn't have corkscrews and last time I checked, flyers don't have airtime. I, for one, think it's very much like those two combined. You're the only one who doesn't seem to see it.

I must say, a more appropriate comparison would be with Rita or Desert Race. Both those rides have the crossover buckels like this does at the back end of the ride.

A

Anonymous

Ooh they have started to install the supports now.

mirabilandia-ispeed-2009-IMG_1997.jpg

Looks really sweet.

A

Anonymous

Whole new artworks have been posted!
And, they seem to be way more accurate than the stuff we've seen previously, altho, that doesn't necessarily mean that whet's shown in these is better than what was shown in those NL videos...
See for yourself:

11tlf2p.jpg

153vfr8.jpg

1e4977.jpg

2m61g9j.jpg

4ik1s2.jpg

(source: TPR/parksmania)

As far as I can see, they've made quite a few changes to the old layout...
- The hill after the tophat is lower
- The bump after the first hill has been changed into an S-transition
- They changed the entrance to the immelamn... Well, actually only the angle...
- they replaced the immelman with an overbank :(
- The brake is WAY longer
- They took out the 2nd heartline roll

As far as I could see, that's it.

But, I guess some of those changes were made, so they wouldn't need the trims after the tophat, which were shown in the video...
(yedah, keep telling that to yourself... :/)

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Fanboys...

To be honest, there is too much red, they should tone down the building or have more grey/silver than red.

I'm upset about the changes in the layout (if indeed they are correct) What is it with Intamin and heartline rolls, it seems like they don't like them.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I don't think the red will as bright as in the drawing when we get to see it in real life. Thats just the plans and once there is other buildings to break up all the red it should look less bright.

It still looks great though and the theming really helps to make the area look like a race track and grand stand area.

A

Anonymous

1p78z4.jpg

8zkvmd.jpg

vx27sx.jpg

(thanks to toniokatun from TPR.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=94kuIf23K3k

well, the construction is coming along very nicely. The tophat is complete, and they're allready doing some tests with the trains.
There should be more updates soon.

BTW, it's totally the sexiest tophat ever.
Even hotter than Kanonens!

A

Anonymous

I just figured out how they're going to get the trains over the tophat at only 100kph!

iSpeed.jpg

Whoever guessed LSMs on the tophat wins a cookie!