What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think it sounded like an accelerating Formula 1 car. But I think it's a bit too loud to be permanent, unless there was a speaker somewhere behind the guy filming.

Or Mirabilandia has got the best neighbours ever. And soon, the deafest ride-ops.

Maverix

Mega Poster
Wow this ride looks amazing! I'm a little disappointed by the MCBR through, but other then that it looks like it has a great pace.

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKiBolCsC_Q[/youtube]

Awesome new video!
Watch in HQ!

Also, a new train has been added, this one has some red details, like the rear fin thingy and the back of the seats!

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPk9IsYADcU[/youtube]

Video of the first test with people on board!
I envy tham...

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Heh, lucky people.
Probably the park owners.

Wonder why that video edit only showed the station exit and entrance.
I would have liked to see more of the layout with the riders on board.

A

Anonymous

Jools said:
This looks like it tkes the inersions and turns a little too fast, might be painful :?

I'm quite sure intamin can pull of fast transitions without them being painfull...
And, I think they also learnt from Mavericks heartline roll...

Jools

Giga Poster
That's what i was thinking of.

I'm so jealous, Mandy is taking a trip over to Mirabilandia again this year for this, she's already gone to Europa-Park and Thorpe Park this year and I havn't, I wish had money :(

Snoo

The Legend
tbh, this looks like a better Maverick.

When I first saw Mavvy, I didn't think it would be good. This basically is Mavvy, with better inversions, and it seems a smidge quicker.

Of course, who knows how it will ride. I guess we will have to wait for some reviews/POV's before the final judgment is passed.

A

Anonymous

I don't really think that iSpeed will be better then Blue Fire, just because of the trains that Intamin uses. Blue fire runns a lot better then any recent Intamin I have been on, and iSpeed will, as all other new Intamin, most likely develop a serious case of the "Intamin shake" which will make this coaster unbearable to ride several times.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
CAN'T WAIT TO GO HERE, Mavvy is in my top 5, so hopefully this should get up there too, I really liked Blue Fire, I wonder if this matches up, must fly (literally) byebye!

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
this ride looks amazing i love the idea of a ride withn a top hat then a long bit of coaster great idea i have only ever seen 2 of them

A

Anonymous

I wasn't expecting much after watching the computer generated POV, but It looks like a fantastic ride.
Also the 0-60 of that launch won't be much of an advertising feature as it rolls forwards very slowly before the 'proper' launch, is this the first intamin with a launch like this?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You will definitely be able to feel yourself being pushed back into your seat. It won't be like an accelerator, or compressed air launch, but it'll still be powerful.