Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Gay!

• Only Musicals Are Gay!

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

In TV and stuff a man liking theatre is made out to be gay, what do you think?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Not Gay!

I absolutely love the theatre and I am not.

Also, I think a better description would be "Camp" a lot of theatre 'lovey-duvveys' are stereotypically portrayed as camp...

peep

CF Legend
How can they be gay, have you ever seen a play or a musical?
Some can be camp I suppose due to the fact that most of the small parts are filled by men with tops off etc. Which is not good for the men watching it if they are not gay. For example:
Chicago is full of dancers, men and women are "done up" to look sexy etc. All the characters are made to look sexy. You have the men for the women with stuff put down in the sexual area to make it look bigger, and the women for the men are made to look glamorous and sexy.
There are also different types of plays and musicals for all sexes. Considering that I have seen quite a few musicals and plays and I'm not gay must show that Theatre is not just for gays, but for everyone.

Peep

Sam

Giga Poster
Uttter horse crap. How the hell can liking the theatre make effect your sexuality? I know loads of straight guys who visit the theatre, including my dad.

Tv always gets the wrong end of the stick.

I guess some kids might say going to the theatre is gay as in boring or sad- but not in the homosexual way.

Ben

CF Legend
"Practically everyone whose ever been in, produced or even seen a play is gay" (I don't agree with that BTW, just made me think of it....)

I don't see it as gay, although a lot of people at my school see musicals as gay, and three of the four main parts in this year's musical are played by gay people.

A

Anonymous

From my experience the theatre hasnt been gay....only shakespeare shows....But I dunno why kids are always brainwashed that the theatre is so boring and nit fun, but it hasnt been so bad to me....

A

Anonymous

I don't see how theatre is gay, come on it's some type of entertainment, so how does it end up being gay? I actually enjoy theatre, although I am gay quite a few friends I know like theatre and they are straight, plus who said Shakespeare is gay :lol: .

robbeal

Hyper Poster
The general opinion is there, even if it's false. Face it, if someone says to you "I love musical theatre", you're not going to suddenly think "oh, he's butch". I think the stereotype comes from a simple, and shallow comparison between the dramaticity of theatre and the same quality in a 'camp' person.

A

Anonymous

NOT GAY! Theatre rocks! And musicals are cool too because you can go doo doo do dooooo dooooo doo doo doooooooo etc....

anyway, not gay.

A

Anonymous

I don't think people who like theatre are all gay. I love theatre and loads of straight guys went with me to see 'We Will Rock You' and loved it. I think people stereotypically see theatre as 'gay' because gay people are seen as more cultured than straight men although this is not always the case!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I dont see how theatre is gay tbh, it will have different groups of fans, some will be gay and some wont. It doesnt really matter does it. Going to watch entertainment doesnt make someone gay, its who they are attracted to that determines someones sexuality.

that guy

Roller Poster
If any of you think that the theatre is gay, boring, etc. do yourself a favour and go and see something like "the complete works of shakespeare abridged" or "HMS Pinafore," both of which are funny, especially the shakespeare one.

The problem with media such as TV, tabloid newspapers or gossip type magazines is that they put stereotypes into people's heads.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Not gay!

Theatre is an art form and as such draws people who enjoy exploiting their creative side. There can be no doubt that their are a higher proportion of gay people than in 'normal' society, just as there are here. That does not mean that either theatre or coasters are gay!

A

Anonymous

Bender wrote:
In TV and stuff a man liking theatre is made out to be gay, what do you think?

I think you need to spend less time looking at the TV!

NEVER! TV is cool!

A

Anonymous

I absolutely love musicals, been to the theatre 9 times this year to see musicals (6 times it was the same thing)

Although i'm female so the above is irrelevent....

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ive always considered theatre to be a bit "unoptimal", I mean employing the same people day after day to read and act out the same lines in the exact same way every night.

Think how much money they'd save if only someone showed them how to work a video camera...