What's new

Is putting maynonnaise on chips posh?

Is putting maynonnaise on chips posher than red sauce??

• Yes, adding mayo is a sign of poshness.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I say no, even though over here in the States I always have to ask for mayo for my fries because ketchup is the norm. However in Germany no matter where you go they always ask if you would like mayo or ketchup with your pommes, so both are considered normal.

tks

Strata Poster
Mayo... Wretch. I only ever accept it in store bought tuna sandwichs.. I've never bought a jar nor have I ever used a mayo satchet from wetherspoons.

I don't think it's posh. It's stupid!

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
Its just pure filth rather than being posh. Would you put raw egg and oil on your chips? No.... No you wouldn't, its disgusting. If you dont like the taste of yur chips as they are, stop bloody eating them! Case dismissed!

Jools

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
I LOVE mayo and chips <3 Wouldn't say it's posh, just a bit European I guess, just as chips with gravy is northern

It's very common in the east as well :wink:

Mark

Strata Poster
Is it heck. We all used to do it in school and I am in Essex. We don't do posh....

bazpa

Hyper Poster
I have it all the time on chips - and on a Bacon sarnie, I'd only have ketchup if there was nothing else. I'd be booted out of Barnsley if I tried to pass myself off as posh. :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
I absolutely HATE mayo, so no. I usually either have just ketchup on my fries or, if they're really good fries that taste better plain (McDonalds), I'll either just eat them as they are or with some salt.

Chick-fil-a's waffle fries, however, have to go with their polynesian sauce. NOM!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I don't know what people who are not living in Belgium find so weird about eating chips with mayo. Almost everyone overhere eats their chips with mayo, which is the most common eaten sauce on chips overhere. I do love it by the way, specially when the chips is just drowning in the mayo. What we also eat alot overhere is chips with mayo, ketchup and chopped onions! Love it...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^C'mon, let's not bump a topic that is nearly a year old. :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Since I've last posted in this topic, I've met a girl at my new workplace who eats mayo with everything, and I mean everything.

She actually had mayo on a roast dinner the other day (which also had gravy on)... mayo is definitely not posh.

Jools

Giga Poster
I know a lot of people that eat mayo with chips, includings ones good self, and none of us are posh in slightest. Cheerio chums x BRAPBRAP! :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
^C'mon, let's not bump a topic that is nearly a year old. :)

Yeah, lets start a new topic about this only to be told that theres one already on the forums and to be asked "Why didn't you post there instead? topic locked"...

But I must agree, chips and mayo is quite yum although I prefer chips n tomato sauce.