What's new

Is Nemesis the world's best inverted coaster?

Lofty

CF Legend
I really don't think it's the world's best seen as Montu is kind of miles better than it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
Stop now bfore you come across as stupid. You just listed 7 coasters what are the best in Europe. Even though Wodan is always being slated like. :roll:

THE IRONY!

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ lol

Well its number 3 on my overall list, so as far as B&M Inverts go it`s far superior to any other, for me anyway.

But I`m yet to ride, Black Mamba, Katun or Montu.

Montario

Roller Poster
Lofty said:
I really don't think it's the world's best seen as Montu is kind of miles better than it.

If Montu was miles better, then the topic would say 'Is Montu the world's best inverted coaster?', and this topic would not exist. It may be a little better, or a little worse, though definately not by miles in my opinion.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I just never even think to compare Nemesis and Montu. Yes they're the same ride type, but they ride SO differently. Montu is just glidy and gentle in my opinion, it's big but not intimidating and the ride on it is so calm. Nemesis just kind of lurks there, growling at you every now and then and riding like an absolute beast.

I'd say Black Mamba, and to an extent Oz'Iris are comparable to Nemesis, but I'd be more likely to compare Montu to Alpengeist, Great Bear, maybe even Katun? Like, the bigger more drawn out inverts. I just think they ride too differently to accurately compare.

marc

CF Legend
Another one is Silver Bullet, I have no idea why that's hated. I actually enjoyed the coaster, it's got a good flow. Yes it's not that intense but it's far from a bad coaster.

Colossus

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
I just never even think to compare Nemesis and Montu. Yes they're the same ride type, but they ride SO differently. Montu is just glidy and gentle in my opinion, it's big but not intimidating and the ride on it is so calm. Nemesis just kind of lurks there, growling at you every now and then and riding like an absolute beast.

I'd say Black Mamba, and to an extent Oz'Iris are comparable to Nemesis, but I'd be more likely to compare Montu to Alpengeist, Great Bear, maybe even Katun? Like, the bigger more drawn out inverts. I just think they ride too differently to accurately compare.

That`s a really good point actually, I never really thought of it like that. You have the more compact, terrain hugging, multiple direction layouts and the larger, freestanding drawn out versions.

I would imagine they ride completely different?

Lofty

CF Legend
nadroJ said:

It was literally just aimed at the topic title. There's actually no way of voting for a 'Best coaster in the world' in any ride discussion, solely for the fact it's so opinion based, there's no person who can literally say, 'Thats the best coaster'.

Mike

Giga Poster
The topic wouldn't even need to be looked at if you hadn't have necroposted in a thread over a year old, never-mind renamed. :roll:

Nemesis really doesn't do anything for me. I really, really want to love it, but I'm rarely actually impressed by it. I find that on most Inverts you don't really get the best experience unless you sit at the front, and this is especially true for Nemesis; the difference with Nemesis though is how the ride is already relatively enclosed by the canyon and sitting anywhere but the front just makes it feel even more enclosed and claustrophobic.

I dunno, it's kind of hard to explain, but I much prefer Talon, Alpengeist and Black Mamba to Nemesis.