What's new

Is it a cred? - A general discussion topic

marcolli

Roller Poster
I don't think relocations can Count as a separate cred because then you can end up with a Count higher than the number of roller coasters that actually exist... take Batman clones, if you rode all the batman clones (including Asylum, Great White and Vampire) you could get 9 creds. Now say you rode batman at SF New Orleans before it closed and then rode it as Goliath at SFFT. If you Count the relocation as an extra cred then you end up with 10 creds even though only 9 rides were made. Hence you can end up in a Situation where you have more creds than existing rides, which to me is wrong.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Powered coasters are tricky. I do count them, but only if they are intended to be thrilling, and of significant length (even if thrilling only as a family coaster). So I do count Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland, as well as Bob Express as Bobbejaanland.

I don't count Bayern Kurve (not long enough, more of a flat ride) nor the Peoplemover at Magic Kingdom (not thrilling enough, more scenic than thrilling). But it's a big gray area, to be sure, and pretty dang subjective/debatable.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
On a side note, I do have a question about Coaster-Count. It lists many different counts. I have "Strict" count at 478, and a "With Duplicates" count at 509. But then it lists an "All" count at 497 (which, incidentally, is the number I use for my personal coaster count). Trouble is, I honestly don't see how they come up with that number.

I can see how strict means "no duplicates" and "with duplicates" is self-explanatory. But why, then, is the "All" number between the two? How do they arrive at that number? I can't find any clear explanation on their site for this.

I use that "All" count because I feel it meets in the middle of me who likes to included duplicates, but seeming doesn't seem to count all of them, as it's less than the "With Duplicates" count, to satisfy those who don't agree with me... so I guess some are being counted, but not all? I just don't see how they get that.

In case it has any impact, I don't typically list how many times I've been on a coaster, but I have done it on a few. Not sure if that's what's causing the discrepancy.

Gazza

Giga Poster
So on CC you can nomimate wether certain classes of coaster are included in your personal count, for example, powered, butterfly, water, alpine etc.

The 'All' number ignores those restrictions

, so if you've ridden 10 normal coasters, 2 butterflies and 1 powered, your count would be 13.

If in your site settings you said you dont count butterflies or powered, then your strict count is only 10

If you Count the relocation as an extra cred then you end up with 10 creds even though only 9 rides were made.
Actually, you could end up with 11 if you had ridden Goliath/Batman when it was Gambit at thrill valley in Japan ?

The possibility of ending up with more creds than coasters that exist is the best explanation so far.

rctneil

Roller Poster
I used to count relocations too but then one day decided it was a silly idea so dropped my count by about 10. Oh well.

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
so with west coast racers officially opening early 2020, and given the footage people have so far I feel to ask the obvious. will you consider this a 1 credit coaster, or are each of the 2 tracks different enough to warrant being a 2 credit coaster.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Even I don't count WCR or TC as two credits. It's one coaster with a large pause halfway.

Although what about Racer at Kennywood? It's also a mobious coaster, but you do exit the ride before doing the other half. I personally count it as separate credits, but it is a bit debatable I suppose.

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
yea after i rewatched the video of the front row seat ride i see even if you start on the white side you eventually ride the yellow track after the mcb. hqdefault.jpg " damn your eyes.. too late "

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
also, let it be known that C-C has now added the option to add Zamp Disk'o Coasters and Surf's Ups (only the hump versions) but you can add them without them +1ing (if you keep the 'undefined' option uncounted) :|

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
also, let it be known that C-C has now added the option to add Zamp Disk'o Coasters and Surf's Ups (only the hump versions) but you can add them without them +1ing (if you keep the 'undefined' option uncounted) :|
The problem with leaving the undefined option uncounted is that there's stuff on there that I definitely count. Not that it makes a massive difference since my Coaster-Count count and my real count are separate anyway, but I still hate that they've added those. Not sure if I'll tick a few off or not. Either way, I won't be adding them to my actual count.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah, they should at least let you have an option to individually not count certain rides.
Eg i want to be able to count water coasters but not super splash rides

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Looking over the 16 coasters rides in my undefined section I don't think I had any of them counted as 'real' coasters anyways, so it doesn't really change anything for me. I wasn't counting Intamin First Gens or Bayern Kurve's I've ridden. Joyland's Snails would be the only questionable one... it used to be on RCDB but got the boot years ago. . I think I had it personally counted but removed it.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
So towards the end of last year I went to The Big E in Western Mass and rode this Mouse Trap Dark Ride. It wasn’t on coaster count so I got it added because I felt it was the same as Devils Den at Conneaut Lake which is on rcdb. There is only one other like this on coaster count that I could find and they are both listed as undefined. I personally don’t keep undefined checked because I have Demon Drop in there and don’t consider that a coaster but since something so similar is on rcdb would you say it would be worth seeing if they could mark it as being a coaster instead of undefined or is there something I am missing that differentiates this from Devils Den or Haunted House. They also have it listed as a wooden coaster because that's what Devil's Den and Haunted House are but since this is traveling the entire base of it is steel.
C04FC660-0069-4D55-A2A0-45CA8553EE1F.jpegAEDB3D30-9331-4189-8866-BD6937C4E6BC.jpeg9EAE19ED-4309-4743-9975-5DDAF54B9787.jpeg
5E9DED2D-4ED8-418A-AC46-E76C23B4E8B0.jpeg

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the gravity dark rides. I've ridden the ones at Camden and Conneaut... both on RCDB now as well as a handful of traveling fair ones not on C-C.. meh

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Thats why I'm conflicted they either all have to count or not and the way CC is set up the ones at Camden and Conneaut count but the two traveling on there don't.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Double post whoops. But this kind of stems off of my last post. So I have been looking around at some other big parks across the world and stumbled upon Ghost Train at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I’m not arguing for or against it being a coaster but more so asking what makes it different from the pretzel rides here in the US? Why is it not considered a coaster from a technical aspect ?