Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don't mind, but I'd rather order from somewhere else

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
I've never had one in the United Kingdom, but Papa John's is loads better <3

It's good Dominos, but, yeah, omg, the price <//3

I do generally prefer a dirty cheap one though. There's a FAB franchise in Birmingham called Big John's that's just, the best <3

Martyn

Giga Poster
gavin said:
To everyone saying "once you've had one in Italy you'll never eat one here again", stop talking out of your arse.

Yes, pizza in Italy is better than a take-away here. Clearly. But they serve different purposes.

Plus, go to any semi-decent Italian restaurant, pizza hut not included, and the pizzas are on par with, though pricier than, a pizza in Italy.

Well done for going to Italy though! Good for you!

Shut it, you. That wasn't what I was getting at. :lol:

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
Dominos is OK, but i HATE pizza so I guess my opinion dosn't really count. It has to be from Papa John's if it's good pizza IMO.

Snoo

The Legend
Every major chain is complete and absolute ****. Small, single restaurant pizza is by FAR the best pizza around.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Domino's is good if you want some greasy as hell pizza that will probably give me cancer...

So I like it from time to time... Large meal deal between two is a decent thing as well for about the same as a meal out would cost...

I do remember liking Papa John's, but it died in Croydon, so that's not happened in years...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I quite like Domino's, Pizzas, but they a Domino's and not a pizza for me - if that makes sense? It's like buying a McDonalds, you're not buying a burger, but food which is vaguely based on a burger but just tastes of McDonalds.

The biggest advantages of Domino's:
1. They deliver. Our nearest place to pick up from is a 20 minute walk AND you have the half hour wait for it to be cooked AND I wouldn't trust "Atlas: Best Kebabs" to serve me anything but food poisoning.

2. They can be very cheap with the correct codes for the family. I get a lot of "50% off is you spend over £25" deals. When I have one, I can feed all four of the family their **** for under £15. There is no other way to get delivered junk food to feed four people for that much.

I do branch out and try others when I fancy an actual pizza, but the costs are high - though they taste real at least. A kind of rare treat I guess :lol:

Papa John's and Perfect Pizza I've had, and both made me feel ill about halfway through the pizza. It was like Domino's, only without whatever junk they use to stop the heave response. I retried them too and felt the same, so now their leaflets just get chucked straight in the bin.

Actually, I only eat BBQ sauce based Domino's, as the tomato based ones make me feel queasy. So yeah, my opinion is probably badly skewed :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
I forgot how limited you kids are on Pizza. I should start a franchise over there and just blow **** up.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We have loads of options, but it's all just so **** expensive. I don't know why it's expensive, but it is. Even the cheap-as-buggery burger bars and the like are still £4 or £5 for a pizza. It's ridiculous.

So yeah, come over and make cheap pizzas :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
caffeine_demon said:
This thread made me want pizza! woulda taken the £3 collection option, but there's slippy stuff outside!

Politicians canvassing?

Anybody want a code for £10 off £25 if you order online?

Runs out on Sunday, but PM me if you want it :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hahaha Phil XD There's always a billion codes for Domino's, the best are the 50% off when you spend £25.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont get why people are moaning about the price of Dominos, they have a BOGOFFER on constantly, and places like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut are just as expensive.

I like them though, but we dont have them very often. The Dominator bas is pretty lush <3

Actually, there is a bigger issue, what the hell is with that garlic dip from Papa Johns?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
I dont get why people are moaning about the price of Dominos, they have a BOGOFFER on constantly, and places like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut are just as expensive.

I think that's kind of the point. People buy Domino's because ALL pizza over here is expensive, but Domino's offers make them too cheap to think about using somebody else.

If they reduced their prices permanently, then other Pizza places would have to as well and all would be good in the world :)

To everyone saying "once you've had one in Italy you'll never eat one here again", stop talking out of your arse.

Yes, pizza in Italy is better than a take-away here. Clearly. But they serve different purposes.

Italian pizza is SOOOO overrated. I had it like three times when I was over there and just didn't think it was that great. I thought that the first one I tried may have just been a fluke so I tried it again and I still wasn't super impressed. I might be spoiled though, because my city won the best pizza in Canada <3

Before I lived away for uni, I really liked Domino's because it was such a treat. Then I went to school and they had it out every night in the cafeteria for all the drunkies with pre-paid meal plans. I started not to like it because it was usually pretty old and became a bit tiring after a while.

Best pizza I ever had: Chicago deep dish, Pizza Papalis in Detroit, and then some random scary basement dungeon pub in Prague. Actually the stuff in Bratislava was pretty good too <3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
That's another rant, the **** garlic and herb dip. People lose their **** over that sauce. I don't get it, the looks of horror I get when I offer mine away succeeded by an animalistic wrestle for who gets to dip their tasteless crust in it. I just.....what?

This. I have endured years of torture from people when I tell them I don't like it and I don't dip my perfectly fine crust into a sauce. Let me eat how I **** want to eat -_-

But yeah, Domino's is over-priced, mediocre pizza. Used to be a really nice pizza place back in MK which unfortunately shut down. Here in Derby, not found anything amazing yet but unlike most students I rarely eat take-away (I think I've had it once in over a year and a half?) but free pizza of any kind is always taken (Freshers Fair <3).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
LFTL said:
my city won the best pizza in Canada <3

Yes, but isn't that about as prestigious as winning a tallest dwarf contest?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I've heard the expense of British pizza is because of cheese, but this makes little sense as cheese is actually more expensive in US supermarkets.

Can get a pack of sliced say... swiss, in Tescos for less than £1, but in the USA it's like $3.

Also, Pizza Hut and Dominos are **** terrible in the USA. But £18 for a large stuffed crust pizza is an absolute joke, it's like $12 in the US.

But omg stuffed crust is so GOOD.

And that's why Pizza Hut is better than Dominos.

I prefer American style Pizzas done by British chains to Italian, even authentic Italian, with some exceptions. The worst pizzas are curtesy of Pizza Express. Sloppy ****.

Papa Johns in the US is incredible, but there's not many around in the UK, so I've never had one at home.

Yes, but isn't that about as prestigious as winning a tallest dwarf contest?

You make a good point, but I've tried a lot of the "great" pizzas from different places and some of them don't compare. Chicago and New York were really the only two places that lived up to their great pizza reputation, whereas all the other ones that were suppose to be good just weren't. If I went into it not expecting much, like in Prague, it was fabulous <3