What's new

iPhone 4?!

marc

CF Legend
I do not have mine yet so I may hold off, was meant to be getting it tomorrow morning. I will get a case so not sure if I will be effected or not. I do not think I have ever used my current one by holding it by its own case.

Last time this happened Apple replaced the phones and gave people vouchers to spend.

I know about 10 people that got theirs today and no one has a problem so just don't know.

Its like the Xbox thing, everyone I know that has had one is now on their 3rd one so these things happen. Just more ammo for Apple haters though.

Cheers for the link btw.

big john

Mega Poster
well mine is activated at last and its awsome no signal drop at all and i have a wrap around case which covers all the metal side plate and im still running strong so must be just a few that slipped through the net to be honest im loving it and yes i did upgrade from a 3g to the 4 so to me its a massive difference and im loving it

Mark

Strata Poster
big john said:
well mine is activated at last and its awsome no signal drop at all and i have a wrap around case which covers all the metal side plate and im still running strong so must be just a few that slipped through the net to be honest im loving it and yes i did upgrade from a 3g to the 4 so to me its a massive difference and im loving it

Thank you for that bit of perspective there John :)

spicy

Giga Poster
When you hold an iPhone tightly by the sides the signal always drops. I just tried it with mine and it drops the signal, try it with yours.

Also shows with this video its not an iPhone 4 problem it happens with all iPhones.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIThQMDEz2c&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyway I shall be getting my iPhone 4 tomorrow cannot wait :)

big john

Mega Poster
i got my case from the o2 shop mark and i actually just tried it with my phone and nothing happened apart from when i really really squeezed hard i lost 1 bar from my full lot so nothing wrong with mine at all to be honest if people want to squeeze there phone so hard it hurts there hand when using the phone then there just idiots lol

marc

CF Legend
I should have mine now had the women not messed up.

She upgraded me to a 32gb and i wanted a 16 one. Both phones were there infront of me and I walked out with none as they have to wait until tomorrow to cancel it :(

Error

Strata Poster
Huh, it's already out. *looks at watch* I don't really care.

I'm always told I'm a mac-freak, considering I have a MacBook. So, for some reason, I must want everything with the apple logo on it. To be honest, I've played with the new iPhone 4, and have about as much want to buy as the iPhone 3Gs, the iPad, and iPod touch: none. My younger brother has an iPod touch, and claims it's better then my iPod video. It plays music, that's what I want it to do. The only reason I got rid of my phone was because I changed my plan, and could buy a new phone.

So, yup. I don't want an iPhone 4. It's just the same iPhone with more bells and whistles then you'll use a few times and grow tired of.

Mark

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Mark said:
Smithy said:

All companies have had products released that have bugs and problems.... :roll:

Look at the quote from Jobs in that link. Then you'll understand why it's so laughable from non-fanboys.

Yeah but you could say that about nearly every single time Bill Gates makes a speech/comment relating to new products... like when they launched the XP OS and it blue screened live on stage right behind him....

Like I say, ALL companies have unexpected glitches which are indeed laughable. Of course the non-fanboys (not sure if you are implying I am one, which depends on your definition of fanboy lol) and haters are going to jump on this as something to slate Apple for, in some cases (thankfully not on here I hasten to add) these Apple naysayers act like Steve Jobs and his team just gone on a baby-raping-rampage... However, alls fair in business and fandom.

There is always going to be a faulty batch that has issues. So far, of all the people I know who got one and who Marcs knows have had no problems...

Either way, im not etching the RIP into that bit of concrete allready being laid out for the iPhone4 just yet... :roll:

What was most amusing btw, was if you look at the videos of the example of it with the iPhone 4 you can see how tight people are holding it to create the problem... No one actually holds their phone like that do they?

tks

Strata Poster
Apple releases an updated version of a phone and suddenly THE WORLD GOES MAD. :roll:

I still manage to get by with my £10 pay as you go phone thanks. I don't need video calling over wifi or an upgraded camera (buy a digital camera if you want to take photos). I don't need to constantly update facebook and twitter with every single thing that happens to me on a day by day basis.

Also "lol" to Apples advertising of the iPad. "More books than you could ever read".. Whats the point in that then?

Mark

Strata Poster
tks said:
I don't need to constantly update facebook and twitter with every single thing that happens to me on a day by day basis.

However you do need to be able post to complain about people that are doing it... constantly... :p

tks

Strata Poster
That you can't read on the screen when it's sunny. ;) I find it rather strange to tell someone "you'll never read all these books that we have to offer". Although I suppose Apple are so crass and twatty when it comes to their advertising that anything goes for them.

Ever wondered what your Taiwanese Suicide Ratio to Apple Products ratio is?

Mark said:
However you do need to be able post to complain about people that are doing it... constantly... :p

Yes. I'm allowed to voice my opinion.

Mark

Strata Poster
Of course. Just as much as they are allowed to post what they are doing lol...

To me the books thing is like them saying iTunes, more music then you could ever listen to...

I just took the statement as meaning they have pretty much every book I could ever want to read.

Anyways, we have digressed... back to the iPhone...

Already finding reports of people saying that fault is being greatly exagerated on facebook and so on...

tks

Strata Poster
Did I ever say they weren't? No. I said that I don't need to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko[/youtube]

RIP Overpriced tea-tray.