What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I was at Universal Friday and Saturday this past week. It didn't open on time Friday but opened around 9:10 on Saturday. Both days had some downtime but from what I can tell it was running most of each day. The queue line stayed open until close both days and I was able to get three rides in. The queue line was fun but the actual pre-show was only running one of the three times I was in line. I truly enjoyed the ride itself. I wish the train moved a little slower in Hagrid's Hut and when we went past Fluffy since we seemed to move past very quickly, but the launches were great and the coaster portion was really fun. As someone else stated, the on board audio really helped make the ride. Overall I absolutely loved it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If it was a significant enough impact to cause some damage to the chassis itself, it'll never be perfectly fixable. It's like if you get in a moderately serious car crash - you get your car fixed but now the seals won't fully seal or you have some electrical issues or you have other random little nuisances. If they already have two spares, they're likely just cutting their losses since one of the trains probably would have ended up as a spare parts cannibalization eventually.

Lofty

CF Legend
You can see just why it's down so much, though. It has so many different technical elements that heighten the risk of it going down at any time - I'd love to know just how many sensors are on the ride. It's going to be in the hundreds, easily.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
You can see just why it's down so much, though. It has so many different technical elements that heighten the risk of it going down at any time - I'd love to know just how many sensors are on the ride. It's going to be in the hundreds, easily.
Yeah see why it’s down a lot, I don’t think the Jurassic coaster will have as many problems as it only has 2 launches and no droptrack, nothing insanely complex

Lofty

CF Legend
Hagrid's has continuous loading, seven launches, a stupid amount of sensors, three switch tracks and two drop sections. It has an insane amount that could potentially go wrong with it. It's really not surprising it goes down so much.