What's new

Inverto Your Mind! NL2 Comp!

tomahawk

Technically they are inverted, so yes you can do them, just make sure you do them WELL, because they can be absolutely awful.

tomahawk

It's supposed to be! I've seen 3 entries now (mine included) and there is some imaginative work being done. Definitely not standard layouts. Supporting is difficult in the small space though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm remembering why I never do inverts! :lol:

I've basically finished trackwork now, so going to be pulling some big shifts to get the supports done before I leave for work on Friday morning. Won't have time to to it afterwards as I'm off to the CF-Live.

USMCKoontz

Cant get in this one, but will try to get in on the next one I am new to NL2 but picking up on it pretty good. Might as well try to have some fun with it .

Colossus

Hoping to have mine done by the end of the day, this 1 week format has constricted me this time as one of my colleagues is on holiday so that means a 50+ hour week for me.
Anyway, this is practically a 24 hour coaster, with that in mind I'm actually happy with it.

Will try to get it done and sent tonight.

tomahawk

Meant the 7 then.

This short format was to get a shock in after the terribly long last contest. Would an extra few days have helped? Obviously, but I wanted to see what could be done.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think this has been a good challenge and change to be honest. I wouldn't want every round to be like this, but in and out they're quite good.

tomahawk

If more than four people say they need extra day, then yes.

Jer you don't need an extra day.

Colossus

Done and Sent.

I can have a week or so downtime now, my last 2 rides have both been quick knock ups, granted the last one was my fault for going on holiday.

Anyway all done!

jay37415

Just a quick question...

I know you said the track and supports can not cross the outside border. What about the station? My track is inside the boundaries, but when I freeze the coaster, the station goes outside the border. Just wonder before I submit and get deducted.

BY the way, I am new to CF and this is my first NL2 comp on here.

Colossus

jay37415 said:
Just a quick question...

I know you said the track and supports can not cross the outside border. What about the station? My track is inside the boundaries, but when I freeze the coaster, the station goes outside the border. Just wonder before I submit and get deducted.

BY the way, I am new to CF and this is my first NL2 comp on here.

Welcome to CF, and welcome to our little NL corner of the site.
As for your query, I must say I'm not sure on that, I did have that same problem so I moved it just to be safe.

Look forward to seeing your work!