What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

A

Anonymous

madhjsp said:
I completely agree that I305 is awesome because it is intense. It's not painful, and it's not as if you can't ride it multiple times, but at the same time I can easily see how someone might not enjoy it. I don't think it's fair to tell them to grow up or say that they're a sissy though, just because their definition of a good coaster is different from yours.

Yeah I realize that everyone is gonna have their own personal preference when it comes to different types of coasters, thats completely understandable. I was just having fun with a lot of that stuff that I wrote yesterday. I guess I was mainly talking about the comments I've read from enthusiasts on other websites complaining about how I305 is "too rough", "too intense", or "not enjoyable", while at the same time they say their favorite coasters are rides like Voyage, El Toro and Maverick. (I think those are also intense coasters.) They also complain about Millennium Force being "forceless", but apparently I305 is "too forceful"??? I just wish some people would make up their mind. But yeah everyone has their own taste I totally get that. Some people like it smooth, some like it rough, some like it intense, and some like erotic asphyxiation. :wink:

That stunt coaster thing is strange, it doesnt happen to me everytime but it does happen often. It's a different feeling than what I get on I305, its almost more like a dizzying greyout and the dizzyness feeling seems to last longer than the actual greyout part, hard to explain but its really weird...

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
Hey...don't count Backlot out. I've seen it make grown men cringe and shake in fear. I can't wait for weekdays to start. I've only ridden it 30 times. And everyone I go to the park with is soooo wimpy.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
GeeDee82 said:
I guess I was mainly talking about the comments I've read from enthusiasts on other websites complaining about how I305 is "too rough", "too intense", or "not enjoyable", while at the same time they say their favorite coasters are rides like Voyage, El Toro and Maverick. (I think those are also intense coasters.) They also complain about Millennium Force being "forceless", but apparently I305 is "too forceful"??? I just wish some people would make up their mind. But yeah everyone has their own taste I totally get that. Some people like it smooth, some like it rough, some like it intense, and some like erotic asphyxiation. :wink:

I guess that could be the case. You're probably right that an enthusiast is more likely to be overly sensitive about the neck-chopping and such than a member of the GP is. For most of them, this is the biggest, fastest coaster that they've ever ridden and maybe will ever ride, so they expect it to be extreme. Thus when they feel maybe a bit battered after getting off, they don't complain because that's way they expected the ride to be. The same can largely be said for most enthusiasts, except that they may have unrealistic ideals about what the ride should be: no neck-chopping, more ejector/less floater, should be longer, etc. So that's where they could be setting themselves up to be a little disappointed.

Now I think the majority of people, GP and enthusiasts alike, will be in the former category. Even if you've never ridden before, you can tell just by watching the ride while waiting in line that it's not for the faint of heart. It looks every bit as intense as it really is. So if you feel a little beat up after you ride, you don't complain because you knew that's what you were getting yourself into. Then on repeat rides, as you figure out how to prepare for the quick snaps, the ride becomes even more enjoyable. It doesn't take a coaster nerd to figure out how to do that, it's just common sense if you are getting neck-chopped the first few times you ride.

So the bottom line is, among people who are willing and able to ride I305, I think it's going to be a pretty big hit. The nature of the ride may make it hard for some people to handle and may cause it to be downright unpleasant for others, but the majority of people will be able to appreciate it for what it is: a fairly unique coaster that derives all its thrills from being about as intense as possible.

A

Anonymous

^Yeah that all sounds like my feelings exactly.

I really hope they don't put a trim on that first turn though. You would think all they would have to do to slow down that first turn is to just slow down the speed of the cable lift. That thing pulls you up there so fast your probably going 12 mph when it throws you over the top. If they could just slow down the speed at the top of the lift hill to a more slow rolling start then I would think that would cut back on the speed of the first turn which would lower the positive G forces, and maybe keep people from greying out so often. I think its worth a try before adding a trim. I'm just worried that if they trim that first turn then it would probably ruin all the airtime on the second hill, which is my single most favorite moment of airtime on any coaster, ever.

A

Anonymous

I just read on KD fansite that I305 got trims put on its first drop now. I can't believe this...I am so disappointed...especially right after I just wrote all that stuff in my last post above. I knew this day would come eventually but not so soon. I'm gonna go check it out this evening and see how bad it is. I feel like crying right now... :cry:

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Wow... I thought they'd let it ride that way for at least a good while longer before trimming it.

There isn't really any evidence on that site as of yet though, so somebody might be overreacting to something insignificant. I won't be too quick to react until I see pictures & proof.

A

Anonymous

So upon further reading of comments from todays riders it appears to me that this is just a way for them to slow down the train at the top of the lift and give it a more slow rolling start instead of throwing the train over the top at 15mph like it was previously. I guess doing it this way allowed them to still keep the super fast speed of the cable lift. My only question is, How does it affect the airtime on the rest of the ride? If all the airtime is still there and it keeps people from greying out so often then this may not necessarily mean the end of a great coaster. I will be at the park later to investigate for myself.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Keep us informed. I would love to know how this change affects the ride.

Snoo

The Legend
I doubt slowing it down at the drop.. maybe 3-4 mph.. will be significant enough to take away the ejector to be had. It should still be a good ride.

RCF

Strata Poster
Jeez the people at KDFansite crack me up. I like how some people are like, "Oh no matter what happens it'll still be Intimidator 305" and there's some other people (particularly one dude) who's making it seem like the end of the world who keeps saying **** like, "It's the end of the ride I know of and it's not Intimidating anymore. They should call it InTRIMidator 305". People are such divas. I'm sure this will not do much to the ride except maybe slow down the speed at which the train goes over the lift hill.

A

Anonymous

When I got to the park yesterday around 5pm I got one ride in on I305 and their was absolutely no difference whatsoever. It was the same wild ride I have been going on every weekend for the past month. There was definitely no trim brake added to the top of the first drop. Apparently the cable lift was running slower than usual in the morning and some people had a bad ride but that is it, they need to get over it cuz they are freaking out over nothing.

When I got to the park the coaster was running super fast and super intense as always, and I've been on it TONS of times so I know what I'm talking about. Maybe there is something on the top of the drop that was put there so they can install trims at a later time but as of right now there is NO TRIM ON THE DROP. It is still blackoutastic. The lift hill was running at the same speed as always when I was there yesterday and it still whipped me over the top of the drop and all the airtime was still there on every hill. Even if they do put a brake on it eventually it does not necessarily mean the end of a great coaster. They were probably just experimenting with different lift hill speeds and if they do end up slowing down the lift that is not necessarily a bad thing either.

I just wish some of these kiddies on KD fansite would stop freakin out over this and go ride it for themselves before they make judgement. I will be going to the park again tonight for some night rides on it so I will see if it is running any different today but as of right now there has been no trim brake added.

RCF

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyMZ1ju07MU[/youtube]

Thanks to Clint for this video.

^And you've got it right there "Gigasaurus Rex"...... :wink:

A

Anonymous

^ Haha yeah thats me...pretty corny name though, I should change it. :wink:

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
There is no trim...the lift hill still goes the same ridiculously fast speed...i still get tunnel vision at the same spot in the turn. People are retarded...KD Fansite is...smh.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
ibreathesbs said:
I honestly don't understand all the issues with I305. Neck-chopping...really? We've been getting pwned by Arrows and Vekomas for YEARS and everyone has a problem with a little neck chop here and there? (i don't experience any neck chopping because I brace myself...but meh) And people are also complaining about the G's...it's an extreme ride, it's meant to be extreme, that's what it was built for. If you can't handle it don't ride it. I just feel like enthusiasts are making huge deals out of nothing. I've heard nothing out of the GP.
I think this is because they expected better from intamin

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
ibreathesbs said:
There is no trim...the lift hill still goes the same ridiculously fast speed...i still get tunnel vision at the same spot in the turn. People are retarded...KD Fansite is...smh.
what is tunnel vision

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Right I have been scanning youtube to solve this, and this is what I have come up with.

intimidator305possiblet.jpg

I must say that looks like a VERY mild trim as it looks like it would line up with the magnets. But that wouldn't have a massive grab or anything because it wouldn't actually go fully into the slot...

Edit:

Heres the other brakes for comparing.

intimidator305possiblet.jpg

And after looking at that I would now say its a metal plate ready for any trims they may wish to install rather than actually being trims.

RCF

Strata Poster
^I saw that on a recent POV and pointed it out (on another site) as well. If anything, unless they haven't gotten around to it, you'd think there'd be another one on the right side, but as A-Kid said, it does look like a mild one if one at all.