What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^And Beast.. ;)

Did that happen before or after the CF buyout of Paramount? I honestly don't know.

Anywho. I wasn't intending for some drawn out argument, but more trying to make a toungue-in-cheek comment as a joke.

Yes, I know lots of rides have trims. Yes, I know that many are pre-installed, many are 'aftermarket' mods. I also know that rides are often changed after accidents and injuries.

And for the record, I don't rag on parks when I'm at a park. I try to enjoy my day. Now, occasionally I will have a bad day at a park, or one that doesn't measure up to my expectations. It's just a coincidence that several times this has happened to me at CP. I've never had a bad day at any of the other CF parks, so I don't bag on them.

Anyways. I look forward to riding I-305, and I hope it's a great ride.

I may rag on Intamin a lot for their very slightly worse safety record than some other manufacturers, but my #1 steel and my #1 wood are BOTH Intamins, so I'm not letting my minor issues with the company cloud my judgement concerning the final products.

Shame that neither work site had any major work done today, though.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yeah, to be fair, trims or no trims it'll still be better than pretty much anything the UK has to offer. Its a monster gigacoaster, which will inevitably have good airtime (not necessarily great, although i'd like to hope), I wouldn't be particularly bothered if it slows the first drop a little, its still going to get through the rest of the course at a good rate. Shame its a few thousand miles away from me really!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The hills are the same shape as Millies. Yep I only just noticed that. And in similar poisions. Only the first hills is a tad shorter. So the air will be stronger. But not by much, nor does it really matter.

Tbh, this ride looks like Millie and Mavvy got together and had a mighty good shag. Heres the child. Good thing. Wish it took a few more geans from the MilF tho with the trains, as thoughs turns are going to bloody hurt.

Bored now.

marc

CF Legend
Why will the drop need to be trimmed? Remember this coaster will not have lap bars so it should be ok.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I can see myself riding Rebel Yell quite a few times just to see this baby in action & grab some great snapshots.
IMG_4923_%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_4915_%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_4916_%28Large%29.JPG

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
marc said:
Why will the drop need to be trimmed? Remember this coaster will not have lap bars so it should be ok.

I just suspect that the high g's in that 270-degree turn at the bottom of the 300 foot first drop is going to cause some blackouts. Maybe even a LOT of blackouts.

That may not bother us at all if we blackout for a second or two, but the GP tends to not like that kind of thing, and management does to listen to them a bit.

Wusses.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
rollermonkey said:
LOL!
That's one of the reasons I like Goliath at SFoG so much. I almost blackout for a second every time the train hits the bottom of the drop coming out of that fantastic helix. :--D

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
This is looking amazing.

When first announced, I wasn't sure if this was going to be better than Millennium Force, but it's looking like it definitely could be now.

marc

CF Legend
God I need to get over to the USA for a massive trip, as Rob said you guys get these we get a family coaster lol.

Really like the pics that ECG has posted, if it has high G I will be happy.

On an unrelated note, that track seems a bit higher than five feet off the ground

It probably is, but the public isn't going to care.

and for some reason, that drop doesn't seem to look as large as MF's...it has to be the angle, but I found it to be an interesting observation nonetheless.

Looks pretty close to MF as far as size goes to me, but I think it might look a little smaller just because of the lack of supprots maybe.. I dunno. But, I think the drop will be better than Millie's, as it looks less gradual.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I-305's pull out looks higher up than MF's. Maybe that's why? Or just because the picture of MF was taken closer to the ride than the picture of I-305.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The supports are what make the difference.

MF has a massive support structure, while I-305 has a fragment of support space. You lose the sense of magnitude with the improved support and track structure.

Snoo

The Legend
I honestly thought it looks bigger than MF, but, as always, perspective can change that.

I guess I'll wait and see when I ride surrounding rides which give the same view as MF.

Wow nice pictures, but I'm just wondering, why does the lift hill style track keep going down behind when the drop starts? I don't know if I'm explaining it very well, but if you know what I mean and know the answer, I wouldn't mind you sharing :p .

davidm

Strata Poster
^ Because thats attached directly to the support... i.e. its supporting all the load of the top arch etc?

A

Anonymous

The second hill have been topped of, now I guess that the construction speed will increase since there is more or less just low bits left...

Webcam > http://intimidator305.com/public/downloads/webcam.cfm

Also for those who are interested, in the last CoasterCrew video update they said that the temporary lift support have been moved to it's final location as the wide support to the second big support on the second hill.

Full updates can be found at: http://www.kdfansite.com/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.