What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm sure many can agree with me on this, but one of the problems of Intamin's restraints is that the bar that goes across your legs isn't formed so it fits snug against your legs and pelvis like the T-bars and U-bars. They're basically just a bar running across your thighs.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'll agree that I'm not a fan of Intamin's OTSR's of the design on Mav/Rita/Ka, but it's all a matter of how the transitions are traversed as to whether they actually detract from the experience for me.

Thus, no judgement from me until I ride.

Crud. I forgot to look at the webcam today.
:(

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I agree with rollerdude, they just hit your thighs. Its not a huge deal that this ride has OTSRs, it really doesn't feel any diffrent than a T Bar or U Bar. In fact, I like the OTSR on Intamin coasters more than their T or U bars. Yes, it is probably the fact I'm 6'5" and they give me a tad bit more leg room, but my point still stands, they really dont feel any diffrent

A

Anonymous

I actually prefer the space given by Intamin OTSRs. I find that once pulled down to the required height for me that there is always more of a gap and it makes you feel more free and adds the to the thrills for me.

I'm sure many can agree with me on this, but one of the problems of Intamin's restraints is that the bar that goes across your legs isn't formed so it fits snug against your legs and pelvis like the T-bars and U-bars. They're basically just a bar running across your thighs.

Yah, if it's anything like Maverick, it will hurt on the bottom of the drop.. Maverick's restraints like, slam against my thighs. But, my beef with them if I had to choose something is how they're pretty hard and to have them slam into the side of your face/ears, it hurttts!

But I don't really have beef tbh.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
I don't think the average coaster enthusiast is unhappy unless they're riding a coaster surrounded by cushoins and wrapped in bubble wrap... either that, or they're restrained so minimally that they're ejected...

Seriously, you guys moan about restraints SO MUCH.

All the times I've ridden an Intamin, I rarely hear the GP moan about restraints as much as this, if at all...

You ride a coaster to be battered about a bit(!!), so lets just see how this turns out.

^ Exactly.. I hate when people call coasters like Raptor, Mantis, and Bizarro (formerly Medusa) rough. Rough is when you're bashed around to the point where you're actually experiencing bad physical pain, not just a bit of headbanging or jolting side to side. I say things are rough sometimes, and yes sometimes the restraints on these coasters CAN be unenjoyable (only because I have tons of earrings though, if I didn't, they'd be fine), but Son of Beast, Wild Beast, and Cobra are the ONLY three coasters out of 125 that I would even consider to be truly rough.

Headbanding a bit or slight discomfort =/= rough

Snoo

The Legend
Taylor said:
But, my beef with them if I had to choose something is how they're pretty hard and to have them slam into the side of your face/ears, it hurttts!

But I don't really have beef tbh.

Do you even read what you say before you post?

Contestant #1 said:
I don't think the average coaster enthusiast is unhappy unless they're riding a coaster surrounded by cushoins and wrapped in bubble wrap... either that, or they're restrained so minimally that they're ejected...

Seriously, you guys moan about restraints SO MUCH.

Read, and enjoy.
Snoo said:
What else do you intend on talking about? How pretty the color scheme is? The hot topic is the restraints because this ride is being compared to the other tall and epic airtime machines (term used VERY loosely in some cases).. Millennium, the Mega-Lites, S:RoS'.. which all have lap bars.

In my opinion, judging by what I've heard from the mega-lite transitions, the restraints will pretty much make or break the ride. People who I've talked to who've been on Piraten said they expected NOTHING from the twisted hills.. and got epic air. Now, as we all know, T-Bar's aren't OTSR's.. so.. RESTRAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
There you go.

Taylor said:
Exactly.. I hate when people call coasters like Raptor, Mantis, and Bizarro (formerly Medusa) rough. Rough is when you're bashed around to the point where you're actually experiencing bad physical pain, not just a bit of headbanging or jolting side to side.

When my face gets bashed against a restraint on most of those coasters you just mentioned.. plus many many more.. and they cause physical pain.. I would think people would say that IS rough. It hurts, doesn't feel good, not a good experience.. ect ect.

When it doesn't feel good, that constitutes SUCKING, and is something worthy of discussion. If these RESTRAINTS suck, they will make or break the ride.

As some people have discussed when comparing TTD to KK, the restraints are the biggest difference and sometimes the reason they pick one over the other.

Do you even read what you say before you post?

You misquoted me dude.. I said, "my beef, if I had to choose something" and then later on went to say "but I don't really have any beef" meaning if I had to pick something, I'd pick what I said, but I truly don't have any problems with them.

Also, maybe I'm just more tolerable when it comes to headbanging ;) . POOOSAYY :)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Works for me now, although the last few days it's been down. Bit of a sun glare right now, but I don't see any major progress at the moment.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Blog:
http://www.intimidator305.com/public/latest/blog/

Pictures:
http://www.intimidator305.com/public/la ... nstruction

092209-001.jpg

Looks nice-ish.

RCF

Strata Poster
I really should've posted this like a week ago but

COASTERCREW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ham9LhsbCyg[/youtube]

Snoo

The Legend
Nothing new has been added for the last few days apparently. They had a bad storm today so doubt anything new will be added until Monday tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.