Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
normal_IMG_3798_%28Large%29.JPG

Wow. I'm speechless.

RCF

Strata Poster
This is ride is looking really really good and I love the drop it's sexy :wink: . Just looking at some of the angles that Clint showed, I can definitely see that MF drop style, except this one will be steeper.....

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Actually, with its different colors, shapes, and angles it doesn't look much like MF.
(I am a big fan though.)

^^ That picture of "half" the drop - oh my!

^ Well, of course it somewhat looks like Millie, but it's gonna be missing the signature overbank that Millie has that sort of defines its look.. However, that turn is gonna be ridiculous, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I may be getting a little bit more excited for this than I am for Intimidator at Carowinds.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Wow this is truly going to be one epic coaster, although I'm not much of a fan of double spined track, and less supports. That first half of the hill is looking very sexual though I must say :) Can it compete to the standards of Millenium Force? Well I'm not too sure about that (even though I haven't rode MF :D.

tks

Strata Poster
I'm not that impressed by the side on drop shot.. Dunno why. Maybe it's because it leads into a CORNER.

That first half of the hill is looking very sexual though I must say Can it compete to the standards of Millenium Force? Well I'm not too sure about that (even though I haven't rode MF

It's really NOT that hard to compete with Millennium Force, haha.

Snoo

The Legend
rollermonkey said:
SnooSnoo said:
Honestly.. it'll be better than MF if the OTSRs don't box the snot out of riders. I can tell this already.

Fixed that for ya!
:p

I'm just glad to see some observable progress!

I always have that thought in my mind.. but if this thing can deliver some airtime.. it will beat MF.

MF is nothing but the drop.. with the 'OMG I SOMEHOW LOVE IT! LETS BLOW MY LOAD**' sensation of speed.. and some meaningless airtime hills.

As I said from the start.. the 'airtime' hills and the restraints will make or break this ride. The drop will be amazing, no matter what restraints you have on it (Maverick/Fahrenheit established that).

But you can never guess a sensation.. you have to ride it.

**That would be what MF/CP fanboys say to somehow justify a horrible opinion.

^ Well, some people DO enjoy the sensation of speed.. Why do you think so many rank Dragster and Ka so high? But in the end, Millennium Force was meant to deliver airtime along with speed, whereas it really fails at one of those.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
But in the end, Millennium Force was meant to deliver airtime along with speed, whereas it really fails at one of those.

I've experience lovely floater air in every seat I've ridden. Negative g's are negative g's. I don't need my thighs bruised (Magnum) to feel them.

tks said:
I'm not that impressed by the side on drop shot.. Dunno why. Maybe it's because it leads into a CORNER.

Someone's not been on a Mega-Lite yet.

Snoo

The Legend
Taylor said:
Well, some people DO enjoy the sensation of speed.. Why do you think so many rank Dragster and Ka so high?

Those people are called 'idiots'.

I don't enjoy TTD because of speed.. I enjoy it because of the experience. ;)

RM said:
I've experience lovely floater air in every seat I've ridden. Negative g's are negative g's. I don't need my thighs bruised (Magnum) to feel them.

Two kinds of floater.. ****ty floater.. and good floater. MF doesn't have good floater.

Those people are called 'idiots'.

I don't enjoy TTD because of speed.. I enjoy it because of the experience.

But why do you enjoy the experience? The only thing to the experience is basically the atmosphere and the excitement leading up to being launched to 120 mph.. So obviously you must enjoy the sensation of speed a little bit :p .

MF doesn't have good floater.

Exactly.. It's just so.. Weak. It only has three pops of it really, and the airtime just soo doesn't make an impact on me where I come off flabbergasted at the negative G's I just experienced.

RCF

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:

How can anyone say this doesn't look like Millenium Force? This is what I was talking about. The drop looks just like it (only steeper and sexier :wink: )

Snoo

The Legend
^The top looks to be a more rounded shape though.. in comparison.

Of course.. that is visualizing where the track will be.

Taylor said:
But why do you enjoy the experience? The only thing to the experience is basically the atmosphere and the excitement leading up to being launched to 120 mph.. So obviously you must enjoy the sensation of speed a little bit

LITTLE bit.. some people seem to enjoy the speed the most. If I enjoyed the speed the most.. Ka would be better then TTD.. and it isn't.

This year.. riding with Matt at the Live.. might have been the most fun I've had on TTD.. and the ride hasn't changed in the 100 some times I've ridden it.

;)

RCF

Strata Poster
11-10-09023.jpg

This lift hill is looking nice. Oh and Snoo for some reason when I look at the pic that bob_3_ posted of the lift hill, it reminds me a lot of Maverick.

Status
Not open for further replies.