What's new

Intamin ZacSpin for Steel Pier 2014

reddude333

Giga Poster
So I just saw this article on the LA Times website about a push for new rides and attractions at Steel Pier. Apparently they want to add almost a dozen new attractions, most notably (at least to us) is the addition of an Intamin ZacSpin for 2014. This would be big for a park that is currently only home to a spinning mouse and a kiddie coaster especially since it would be only the fifth ZacSpin in the world and the second in the United States. Should be interesting to see where this all goes. Here's an image of what they're striving for:

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals...l-pier-atlantic-city-04201210,1,3389275.story

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals...antic-city-04201210-pg,1,3721477.photogallery

Lofty

CF Legend
More of these in the world can only be a good thing. I loved Inferno and that was on the minuscule end of these!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
What a great addition for this park and for any park!Interesting colour scheme too...

They're fun, compact, disorientating and just pure awesome...so why aren't there more of these in the world today?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Couple of reasons:

-Very much love/hate. For some they are awesomely intense, for others they are unpleasant and painful.

-From a source I trust, they aren't particularly reliable.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
What a great addition for this park and for any park!Interesting colour scheme too...

They're fun, compact, disorientating and just pure awesome...so why aren't there more of these in the world today?

Low throughput?

Also, that looks like a custom version, not one of the two out there, IMO.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, low throughput definitely is an issue with ZacSpins but this may be a good setting for one in that case.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Pier needs a decent coaster, now it looks like it will take even longer before they get one. :(

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Steel Pier can get CRAZY crowded. Not sure if this was a good choice, but then again, they have so little space to work with, I'm not sure they have room for an adult coaster bigger than this.

Gazza

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
CoasterCrazy said:

Low throughput?

Also, that looks like a custom version, not one of the two out there, IMO.
Would be the first of its kind, but it's a "standard layout"... See the Intamin site.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, the 50-282, would make it the tallest by a long shot though...pretty cool stuff. At least it would have the best capacity of ZacSpins. Btw, there's gotta be trims after that first drop, no?