What's new

Intamin Release Plans for 12-Inversion Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry if it's already been posted.

With the launch of Intamin’s brand new website, comes a look at the layout for their proposed 12-Inversion Coaster.

Those not too fond with their 10-Inversion model, particularly for the Heartline Rolls need not worry as this new design has had a complete re-vamp!

The new layout consists of:

* Pretzel Loop
* Cobra Roll
* Vertical Loop
* 5 Corkscrews
* 3 Heartline Rolls
* 3 Airtime Hills

The new layout looks rather promising, and to be honest I am already rather fond of it. The combination of inversions, along with a decent amount of airtime hills and a ‘Mega Lite-esque’ first drop and corner should provide for an experience far better than the rather uninspired 10-Inversion layout.
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/?p=2631

Intamin.jpg

Looks like good fun. :)

Snoo

The Legend
So it starts with Piraten, goes to Fahrenheit, and then finishes with basically Colossus.

Well.. not a huge change.. but better then what we've had.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I'm rather... Meh about the layout... The abundance of corkscrews is just overkill... Just like Colossus' inlines...

It would be interesting to see what kind of trains they would put on this... Considering the Pretzel Loop I would guess the smaller ones would be most likely...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't Loefet or somebody recreate this in No Limits?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^^Quite correct, I think it was Loefet, but I'm not sure. I downloaded an exact track like this from the old NLDC Scapryard, but never got round to supporting it. I also saw a launched version at one point too, that would be really funky.

The re-creation was actually really good, however I don't know it the ride would actually be any good in real life. It seemed a bit... well... pointless.

Dave

CF Legend
This is 2 or 3 years old. I loved how this was posted on TPR and everyone jizzed over it as if its a new exclusive product.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had a look on Intamin's new website and can't see it on there. The site is still under construction, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Xpress

Strata Poster
IMO still resembles Colossus somewhat. But I guess that's what you get with 12 inversions..

Jer

Strata Poster
Ian said:
I had a look on Intamin's new website and can't see it on there. The site is still under construction, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

It's at the bottom of a PDF about the multi-inversion coaster.

The layout look pretty meh, too many corkscrew, I mean enough is enough, or at least invent a new inversion for the ride. Lazy ****s. I remember the snappyness of the corkscrews on Fahrenheit were pretty brutal with lats, and 5 of them is just....death.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, this layout have been out there for a while now. People are right, there was a NL Re-Creation of this, it was slightly different to what this layout is, it only had 2 corkscrews if I remember correctly? Anyway, a launched variation was also made, Hixee is right as apparently there was talks of making a launched variation of it.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
I certainly haven't seen this before - I know the brochure has always said that there is a 12-Inversion model, but whenever I looked, there where not any more detail on it.

Nonetheless, even if it has been seen previously, I guess most people haven't seen it :D

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Looks a tad repetitive and this has been around for years.

+ There are 4 Corks, not 5. Follow the track.

andrus

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I'm rather... Meh about the layout... The abundance of corkscrews is just overkill... Just like Colossus' inlines...

It would be interesting to see what kind of trains they would put on this... Considering the Pretzel Loop I would guess the smaller ones would be most likely...
It says on intamins web-page that it'll have 32 persons/train.

Regarding the layout I think it looks great! Both pretzel loop and cobra roll in one layout plus all the airtime and tight bends make it look fantastic :) And I'm happy they choose more corkscrews instead of just barell rolls, Colossus is rather dull to be honest.. I think it'll be a great ride, just not as good as Dragon Khan and the likes!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Considering most people are nodding in the general direction of a B&M for Thorpe, and the fact that the layout is essentially Colossus with added randomness, I doubt Thorpe will go for it...

LC could mean ANYTHING...

Status
Not open for further replies.