What's new

Intamin Blitz or Mack Launch Coaster?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Intamin Blitz or Mack Multi-Launch? I have ridden an Intamin blitz (Cheetah Hunt), however I have not ridden a Mack. That will all change in 2018 with Construction 18, so at the moment I can't vote. What do you think?

Ben

CF Legend
Taron is better than Helix.

Maverick is great too.

Yeah the Blitz Coasters are better.

Intamin <3

ThomVD

Giga Poster
So far I prefer Mack launched coasters, but I've only done Taron as far as Blitz coasters go. Maverick does seem better than Blue Fire.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Tbh I have totally forgotten what cheetah hunt was like, considering I rode it in 2013. If I have forgotten about it, it mustn't have been amazing...

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've prefered both my Blitz coasters (Taron and iSpeed) over the Mack launcher (Blue Fire) I've done. So Intamin Blitz for me. :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Intamin Blitz's do seem better. Maverick is amazing, and Taron looks godly. Helix looks good, but doesn't seem to have the best launches, and Blue Fire doesn't really interest me at all tbh.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh and iSpeed actually. That's fab too.

It kind of goes Taron as the best, then Helix, then all the Blitz Coasters, then the Blue Fires.

They're all good, but Blitz FTW.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think one thing that really matters is the restraints. Mack restraints are just so much better than Intamin OTSRs so that really drags down most other Intamin blitz coasters. Thankfully they went in the right direction with Taron.

GWAS - Blue Fire might really surprise you. As with all Mack megas/launched coasters, it's a LOT better than it looks. With stuff like Helix around, BF doesn't get as much attention as it used to, but it's still an excellent coaster. Also, putting down Helix because of the launches is really missing the point of the coaster.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I know, they both look like great coasters, but I'm just saying that they're not as good as the Blitz coasters.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It depends what you're looking for I suppose.

Intamin's are just punchier. Their launches are more powerful, their transitions are snappier, their airtime is slightly more forceful but not as consistent over the elements and sort of 'spikes' making it feel really uncontrollable.

Mack's flow well, their inversions are super smooth, it just seems to feel a bit weak in comparison with the Intamin ones.

I prefer Intamin because Taron.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Good topic!
Until Taron came along, I would definitely have voted Mack launch. Although, on paper, the Blitz launches are much more powerful, those old Intamin restraints are just too disgusting. The neck severing is so disgusting for me in fact, that it distracts from the ride completely and can't be overlooked. I'd go so far to say that iSpeed (and Storm Runner while we're at it) was one of the least enjoyable rides I've ever had.

Although the Mack launches are much weaker, the layouts are butter smooth. Another +1 to Mack there.

But with Taron's Mack-like restraints, Intamin have now upped their game. I'm really excited to see what's next for them (and am hoping that some of the old-style restraints will soon get replaced). Intamin's fiercer launch with good restraints is the perfect combination. Now they just need a couple of more inspiring layouts and I'm sold.

Here's my ranking from the ones I've ridden:
Helix
Taron
Blue Fire
(big gap)
iSpeed
Cheetah Hunt (it just does nothing!)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've been see-sawing with this one over the last few years.
Up until Helix, the Intamins were top dog as Maverick is significantly better than Blue Fire. Then Helix came along and blew Maverick out of the water.
Taron is slightly better than Helix (IMO) so the crown has returned to Intamin again.

I don't expect Mackpool to be up there with Taron/Helix, but it should be better than Blue Fire, maybe rival Maverick for a spot in my top 20, we'll see. But I'd love to see the Taron restraints on Maverick, that would be glorious.

So Intamin Blitz, but it's pretty close, give me those extra forces nom nom.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is slightly interesting.

I've just been on Intamin's website and they no longer advertise a 'Blitz' product, instead they just name the product 'LSM Launch Coaster'. Just found it interesting.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Lofty said:
This is slightly interesting.

I've just been on Intamin's website and they no longer advertise a 'Blitz' product, instead they just name the product 'LSM Launch Coaster'. Just found it interesting.

It's been that way for quite a while now (I believe already 2 to 3 years).
What's also interesting is that people here name Cheetah Hunt, but that coaster has never been in the Blitz category on Intamin's website. The separate category "LSM Launch Coaster" was made after the Blitz category and at first only contained Cheetah Hunt.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Sadly I have yet to ride a Mack mega, but this a toss up. There currently aren't as many Mack Megas, but Helix seems to be one of, if not the best coaster on Earth. On the other hand, Maverick is unbelievable, my personal favorite, and a coaster that I feel is top 3 in the world. iSpeed, Red Fire, and Taron also seem fantastic, and better than the next best Mack Mega, Blue Fire. So, at the moment I'd say the Blitzes are better overall, but it could all change within a few years, especially with Construction 2018 and Star Trek being built.