What's new

Insane Flat rides

Mark

Strata Poster
^Flying 'Circus'.... Circus is an understatement.

That thing is just ridiculous! Still, I want to ride one at least once... and they must play Britney Spears Circus the whole time too :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
The term Frisbee is used too freely. The inward facing Frisbee's (Huss Frisbee) are horrible, but the outward facing (Intamin Gyro Swing) are amazing, and I could ride them all day long.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
Forgot about this;

I LOVE Moser's Speed Flip <3

What in the actual WORLD was that? That contraption sure looks insane... <3

And about the Frisbees, the ones made by Huss operated in manual mode can be utterly intense. I rode La Máquina at Parque de Atracciones de Madrid on a quite a day and the op must have been bored because he gave us an insane cycle spinning both ways at top speed then swinging with the gondola locked like a huge pirate ship... It lasted forever and I loved it (so did my stomach xD)

rollermonkey said:
A Frisbee isn't odd or unusual to me. I operated the one at 6FGAm a bunch, as it was part of my home unit: Eagle/Revolution

But that one can only be operated automatically, thus making the experience much tamer...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone seen this?

It's essentially an astronaut g-force machine by KMG. It doesn't sustain the g's (going back to the Nemesis topic), but I'd like to give it a go.

Interestingly, it's the first "green" amusement park ride (or at least that's what KMG claim). The braking system feeds into super-capacitors to help power the ride and all the lights are low voltage LEDs.

Lofty

CF Legend
The thing is, on paper, that sounded amazing. I really wanted to ride it. But, seeing it in action, it looks VERY dull indeed. KMG make some fabulous attractions, with the right operator, this could be wonderful and so intense, it's jut a shame an ape was running the one in the video above.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It needs to go fast for longer, as I can imagine it getting quite repetative and boring, and bit like them annoying Jumping Frog things.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whilst stopping by Dunes Leisure the other day, I noticed this strange contraption:

2wf762o.jpg

Never seen anything like before (though it does remind me a little of that Fireball at Adventure Island).

This looked about 30 years old, had OTSR's and was pretty rusty.... Unfortunately, no one even went near it so I never got to see it run.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ No matter how many times I look at those photos, I can't work out properly what it does. It obviously spins and raises, the cars are free, but that's all I can see..... Lol!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's just an Enterprise where you face outwards...