What's new

"Injured" during a ride ?

Zac

Roller Poster
When I was young I touched those spinning metal pots and pans in the dark section of the dragon at Legoland Windsor
2JEWpGX.png
as seen in that picture. It gave me a really nasty electric shock, I'm hoping it was just static electricity that had built up over time and not mains voltage or something - I remember at the time I thought I nearly died lol, certainly made me obey the keep your hands and feet inside the ride rule.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Big Dipper (BPB) back row has wrecked my spine a few times w/some impressive bruising.

Tornado at Bakken **** my neck after that launch into a tight turn.

And although it's not my injury, the brake on Steeplechase caused my gf to cut her lip, leading to some pretty profuse bleeding. Obviously wasn't expecting it to halt so harshly, plus she was sat behind me.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
The Ultimate - knee bruises.

Gwazi - cut my elbow after a massive jolt knocked my arm into the side of the train.

Magnus Colossus - back pain.

Eurosat - I had a broken hand at the time and the ride op decided to slam the restraint onto my hand , so not quite the rides fault, but still a very painful experience.

I don't even want to talk about fair ground rides, I would be here a long time typing that out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I bruised my knees on Klondike at Hayling Island. On the first drop my bag nearly fell out, and as I went forward to try and catch it by knees slammed into the front of the car. My fault really.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ It absolutely wasn't your fault. You should go back to the park as part of your rehabilitation. Don't forget to alert the Daily Mail.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Smacked my head on the seat in front on Superman at Six Flags America. This was purely down to the stupid VR: not knowing what was coming in the layout, combined with the glasses creating an extra "extension" and some violent moments on the ride.

I actually smacked it hard enough to break the screen. I totally should have caused a scene there and then - I had a painful lump and headaches for a couple of days afterwards - but I needed most of the coasters at the park still.

I'm actually regretting not doing/saying something now.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Nearly took my goolies off riding Shockwave at Drayton no hands no feet.
All my own stupid fault.
Every gear change on the three hour drive home was agony.

Only other, dislocating my double jointed elbow on the back seat of the Dipper at Blackpool.
Ouch, but pulled it back into place on the next drop.

CianJay

Roller Poster
Re: "Injured" during a ride ?

4 years ago, restraints failed on this dodgy coaster in Hailing Island. Most harrowing experience of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayjay

Giga Poster
Tornado at Bakken is a vicious little beast that gave me a couple of day's worth of neck pain (dear Intamin, a spinner does not need OTSRs) and subsequent bruising. Gross.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Mean Streak literally made my head bleed.

It was on the last turn and my head flew back and hit a piece of metal on the PTC Trains (Remember, I'm short).

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Mean Streak gave me some neck pain for a few hours. That was shortly before it's closing.
Then there was The Beast that somehow got more and more rough as the 2016 season dragged on. It was so smooth before. Now I'm sitting here with a bruised arm from that double tunnel at the end.
Vortex wasn't as bad. It beat my head around so much on its corkscrews and batwing that when I got off, I threw up just outside the photoshop.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Nothing significant but me and my friend have some mean looking shoulder bruises from the accordion thingys on Olympia looping.

S

SimonSays99

Nothing serious - I cut my upper lip while boarding the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen at Carowinds. One part of the harness was stuck with the harness on the left seat and as I dragged it came loose with momentum and the metal tip smacked into my lip.
I covered my upper lip with my lower lip so won't be sent off the coaster I had waited 20+ minutes and went to the bathroom afterward - was okay after some splashes of water.
Edit: and yes: Two days of back pain after riding an Interpark WildWind

Last edited by a moderator: