Is INfusion worth the hype?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I know I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to finding coasters rough,but I didn't find it rough at all.In fact I really liked it.

Agreed it's not the best one there,but I wouldn't say its the worst one either,and its great riding it at night.

Wild Mouse on the other hand terrifies me,I genuinely fear for my life on that thing. :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Maybe it is overhyped for what is esentialy a seccond hand ride they rescued which can be found all around the world with a badly designed sidewinder that has dodgy forces in and painfull inline twists, but on the other hand it looks very good, apart from the afformentioned sections is not rough or painfull and is fun and thrilling, I'm not sure, yes they try and advertise it as new every year and lie about the stats, but name one park that doesn't, and the fact they are successful at doing so means they are good at it. It is worth hyping up, maybe not as much as it has been, but it's a decent ride, not best, not worst.

Jools

Giga Poster
I didn't go to the Pleasure Beach again because Infusion was there, I went because it's a good weekend break for me, personally I prefered Spin Doctor and the Flume, and I don't think Infusion being over water hasn't really added on to the experience much, maybe if it was surrounded by water too maybe.
But I would go to say Thorpe to ride Saw or Alton to ride SW6 or Flamingoland to ride Mumbo Jumbo as they have something, I can't realy explain what I mean though.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I see what you mean about the having SOMETHING, where as Blackpool maybe does not, but I disagree, I think the water effects have made Infusion so much better and improved it thoroughly and fits in very well with Blackpool, astheticaly and because of what it is.

Jools

Giga Poster
Okay, the water effects add a little something, but still not enough for me to beg to want to go on it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I agree that they don't, they just make it better than what it would be. I do not think that adding water effects draws me in to riding it more than it would if they wern't there, but they do improve the ride, just not in terms of how much I want to ride it, where as Nemesis, Saw, SW6 and so on do.

Jools

Giga Poster
I get ya, especially when you go into the roll over with the waterfall feature, so yeah, see where your'e coming from.

A

Anonymous

R.I.P Southport Cyclone said:
Ian said:
What hype? I've not seen any of it. They had Vernon Kaye open it, that's hardly hype.

At the end of the day, at least that the Thompson woman saved something from Pleasureland and added to BPB's line up.

It's an OK ride but I'd chose the Nash and PMBO as reasons to go to BPB rather than Infusion.

The Sun Newspaper, and one of those silly magazines with jeremy kyle in, both voted it the best coaster in the uk. It is marketed as a 'world first' for the (very tenuious) reason that it is the only SLC that goes over water. BPB's current advertising campaign focuses almost entirely on this ride.

My main reasons for going BPB are the National, Revolution and Wild Mouse.
It's just Traumatizer from Southport painted blue and over a shallow pool. It was unfairly taken and looks pitiful next to the Big One

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
**** ride.
Falsely advertised, much like half of PPB (or PBB Resort as it's now called).

Although, it looks pretty at night, better looking than the scaffolding that is known as PMBO.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
What's wrong with it?

Five inversions, tight layout, water effects, only a little rough.

Ok, it's no Nemesis, Raptor, Talon or indeed any B&M invert, but it's a decent ride.

Also Bob, it was taken because Southport closed, because it was unproffitable. It became unproffitable because an entrance free was introduced. Unfortunately, they have made that mistake twice and introduced on in Blackpool. PBB owned PLS, so when it closed, they moved it, it was innevitable, although the entrance fee may have been a deliberate attempt to close it to justify moving the ride.

To Southport Cyclone, The S*n and the mag said it was best because PBB payed then to say that to hype up the ride.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
The only good thing about this ride is that it featured in a Specsavers advert that was worth a good chuckle.

I remember riding it and basically yawned all the way around. I just find it boring to be honest.

A

Anonymous

danthecoasterman said:
The only good thing about this ride is that it featured in a Specsavers advert that was worth a good chuckle.

I remember riding it and basically yawned all the way around. I just find it boring to be honest.

Um hello why do alot of you beat on it like this.
Oh its boring, its crap, its rubish, its an SLC so its the worst thing ever.

FFS its just a coaster. if you dont like it dont ****ing ride it.

I dont exactly like it much but its still good in its oun way.

some may find it crap others like it.

Like iv said before if it was a B&M or a one of Intamin most would love it not hate it.

Snoo

The Legend
Blaze said:
What's wrong with it?

Five inversions, tight layout, water effects, only a little rough.

Ok, it's no Nemesis, Raptor, Talon or indeed any B&M invert, but it's a decent ride.

How many SLC's have you been on?

It will never be a decent ride.. ever.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Didn't realise there was much of a hype around it. I won't try to compare it to other coasters, as I have little to compare it with on my count, but I felt that the water and water effects do improve it over what it would be without. I defiantly noticed them when I was riding and enjoyed it overall.