What's new

Infinity [Mack Mega Coaster RLRides] DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I've been away a while and my old computer is in the skip and I'm trying to work around my work computer and my dying laptop. But it's good to be designing again.

I've been travelling a lot and been jotting layouts down for a multi launch after being blown away by Helix and Aaron (and Icon .. kinda). I wanted to create a multi-launch coaster that was compact but manages to contain the speed and air-time of a hyper, inversions of a modern multi looper all well sitting beautifully in the skyline. All the elements intertwine with each other from the first and second half with each element framing another (well thats the idea anyway)

It's taken a long time to get the balance of elements right, the pacing and collision issues sorted but I think I finally have something that is resembling a finished layout! So here's a picture of the FVD++ (I'm new to this) file. I do have a terrain to add and some tweaking to do, but it's riding well.

The project name comes from the fact from various angles the shape of a lemniscate, the symbol for infinity. And a lot of the ideas so far are branching from this. I'll reveal more later on.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-19-37-28.png

Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-20-22-15.png

screenshot-2018-10-25-12-25-36.jpg

fulllayout.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks good. Some "thumbs up" observations:
  • Loving the look of the airtime hill - I'm expecting some solid airtime there.
  • Interesting outerbank hill after the loop - that should be pretty wild.
  • Also like the look of the high speed corkscrew/barrel roll.
Good to see you back here!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks good. Some "thumbs up" observations:
  • Loving the look of the airtime hill - I'm expecting some solid airtime there.
  • Interesting outerbank hill after the loop - that should be pretty wild.
  • Also like the look of the high speed corkscrew/barrel roll.
Good to see you back here!
Ha thanks I'm all abit rusty at the moment, but looking forward to getting to the more exciting parts of this.

Here's just a look from the tophat form the station

tophat-station.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
my long time collaborator has jumped on for another RLRides + Crazycoaster Design project! Whoop! Was stuck in a rut abit in getting this ride to a finished level, but Andre has helped focus all the ideas I've had and started creating the environment for it to sit in. I'm still working on the branding and stuff but FINALLY it's starting to come together. I swear this is the hardest project I've done so far in terms of brain power, maybe I'm just getting old.

ltu68cQ.jpg

Here's a preview For you of the station building and pathways. It has no textures at the moment but Andre's already done such a fantastic job. Watch this space for a final name and videos.

t8b3UxJ.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Keeping the NL2 bar high - good work fellas!

Looking forward to having a go myself.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Things are slowly falling into place thanks to Andre <3. Hopefully I will release this in the summer. But for now.

screenshot-2019-03-30-12-59-40.jpg

More supporting, and a new viewing path that passes under the ride

viewing-path.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I read that last night - a good little article, that. It's good to see where the thought process came from.

It would be good to read a bit about the 'next steps'. Your supporting/landscaping/theming process (especially as this is collaborative effort).

bob_3_

Giga Poster
loadscreen-BL.jpg

- Background

Welcome to Infinity, a new source of power. Following the ISON missions into space, research has introduced to us a new energy source. It's clean and renewable, yet incredibly powerful. You have been invited to experience the raw exhiliration of this out of this world innovation. Infinity Mega Coaster draws speed and energy as if from thin air and will show you boundless thrills that never seem to end.

- Design

Infinity Mega Coaster takes inspiration from many multi-launches that are taking Europe by storm ( Taron, Helix, Icon and Taiga). I adored how they turned a traditional coaster layout completely on it's head as you can save the intensity for a crazy fast finale rather than having to work with the lowest speed of the ride.

This ride intertwines in the way The Smiler does, going back and forth through the layout to keep the track within a tight footprint with the second half circling the first, I wanted to keep that concept with this ride to make a real tangle of track you could watch all day. The name originates from the shape of an Ouroboros (or figure 8), as I love this shape in a layout, it's such a traditional coaster shape to a point where the german and dutch word for a coaster means the same thing. I wanted to twist that shape and you'll notice it appearing from various angles across the layout depending on where you stand.

Elements

Launch 1
Twist'n'Dive
Air-time Hill
Dive Loop*
Ouroboros Turn (Figure 8)
Air-Time Hill
Zero-G Roll*

Launch 2
Top Hat
Vertical Loop*
Outward Banked Hill
Immelman*
Speed Roll*
Bunny Hop
Finale Helix

*TOTAL INVERSIONS = 5

Thank You

Massive thanks to Andre (CrazyCoaster) for once again saving this ride from getting binned, by breathing the life it needed from my initial concepts. We've been doing this since we were kids, but as we both now are hitting ours 30s, I really hope to keep this going. All 3d modelling credit goes to him &lt;3

Anyway! I hope everyone enjoys the work that has gone into this ride. As time goes on, projects like this get harder and harder, so I hope you can take the time to let me know what you think.

Welcome to Infinity!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Apologies - saw this the day you posted it, but have only just got to a PC with NL2!

Unbelievable! That was magnificent.

The trackwork and layout was great. Smooth, flowing, well paced, and expertly shaped. I loved the variation in sequences of elements, particularly the top hat > corner > loop combo, worked really well.

Scenery wise, impeccable. The details in the queue were excellent, especially that little vortex tunnel bit (which I liked was featured in both the regular and fast pass queues). It was also well done in terms of landscaping and theming of the general area. Station was great too.

Good work to both of you, that's got to be one of the best NL2 creations I've ever seen.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Lost my code to NL2 years ago, but just picked it up for cheap on Steam. And to see this is awesome! I did not expect that custom soundtrack when I booted it up! The ride is smooth, and just damn awesome. Now you got me considering getting a VR headset to go on NL2 and ride them like that!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
poster-2020-02-25-21-53-02.png

Thank you guys for the support <3 Just recently got my macbook working with NL properly so gone back into it while I work on Infinity. But thought I'd just share this that I managed to capture. Looking back I had no idea how I had the patience to do this layout, esspecially as this was my first try at FVD (theres alot of flaws)