What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

VonRolland

Giga Poster
This is exactly what happened to Th13teen, not good at least this didn't bump into the train in the station. Thank god no one was hurt here

ricklap77

Roller Poster
Scary! GOOD thing there was no train in the station! Obviously some fine tuning is still required. Those coasters need to be in top shape because they are intense. The Mindbender at Galaxyland was quite something!!!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Aight so the Definitely American Triple Loop managed to open this past weekend without further incident, apparently it runs butter smooth. Still the one train right now, although as a condolence they've managed to return smooth two-train operations to Steel Hawg.
IMG_5877.jpg

However, the park has seen another swath of improvements to compliment its debut and is probably in the best shape they've been in years. Will relay my friend's experiences (I haven't been since it was under Apex);

Cyclone (used Zyklon picked up from Mexico in 2022) has awarded a new sign and snazzy red and black repaint. It sits in the middle of the waterslides where the old Galaxi (1971 - 2013) used to be and runs that ride's cars, also butter smooth since the previous owner took care of it. Obvious that they've built up another winner for their lineup.
Cyclone.png

Other rides have received work. All three wooden coasters are reportedly running the fastest and smoothest they have in years, and a much-needed new shade canopy has gone up over Lost Coaster's cattle grid. The Skyride supports have also been repainted to white with red tops. New food options exist around the boardwalk.
LostSkyride.png

In terms of more to come the La Feria Traumboot is hoped to open this season (wouldn't hold your breath) and the recently-acquired King Chaos top spin (has sat in Six Flags Great America's graveyard since 2017) is intended for Indiana Beach in the long term. Heaven knows where they'd put it but it won't go to Niagara or Clementon.
Snapinsta.app_442679377_2396525924069588_4449837246907675203_n_1080.jpg

Photos from Thrillseekersandhellraisers and OneClickGang on Insta

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jesus Christ. I've never seen anything like that before. I'd be amazed if OSHA or whatever they are in America (would be HSE here in the UK) aren't stopping operations now.

Ride should be condemned.
Quoting my post from two months ago. Shocking.

Matt N

CF Legend
This ride has had a rather rocky time at Indiana Beach so far, hasn't it?

I think they need to install anti-rollbacks on that lift hill as a matter of urgency, and I'm stunned that they didn't after it happened the first time. The fact that the ride has slid down the lift hill at least twice (someone on that Twitter post is claiming that it's happened "a few times", for what it's worth) within the space of only two months is not good news at all, and it's a huge relief that the ride only runs one train. If it ran multiple trains, that could have ended catastrophically...

On a side note, I've also heard from multiple sources that the ride is hideously rough... that surprises me, because as much as I didn't rate Olympia Looping, I have to admit that it was absolutely glass smooth.

Last edited:

Boodangy

Mega Poster
On a side note, I've also heard from multiple sources that the ride is hideously rough... that surprises me, because as much as I didn't rate Olympia Looping, I have to admit that it was absolutely glass smooth.
At it's previous home it ran too fast and with lax maintenance, and by what I've heard a good part of the layout is still smooth as a Schwarzkopf should be but the transitions into the loops are the parts that are headache inducingly rough, and of course a couple really rough spots ruin the whole for many.