What's new

"I'm not allowed to get wet" excuse

Have you ever used the "I'm not allowed to get wet" excuse?

• Yeah! I didn't want to get wet and needed an excuse.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I always joined in with the fun.

• Yes but my parents did actually say that I couldn't get wet.

• Nah, never had the need to use that excuse.

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When I was younger, about 8 years old, I remember having a massive waterfight with my friends in my back garden.

It was immense - super soakers, buckets, sponges, hosepipes. Amazing fun.

Anyway, there was one kid that didn't join in because he said that his mum said that he wasn't allowed to get wet.

I've always considered that to be a pathetic excuse. I very much doubt any mother tells her child before they go out not to get wet. Can you imagine it?

"Mum, I'm off to Paul's. Back later!"
"Don't forget to call when you get there. be careful cycling on the road. And you're not allowed to get wet."

So, have you ever used that excuse?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm always told not to do anything stupid. Of course, I then go out and do something stupid.

But no, I've never used that excuse. I can understand that if you have somewhere to go then you may not want to get soaked.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
I remember when a friend moved a couple of doors down I used to be scared of his house, so always said I wasn't allowed to go in, so he would always come round to mine :p I was 6 or so though!

marc

CF Legend
I was always the one who started water fights, at uni I would start them in halls.

I used to start ice fights in clubs as well, I would put cubes down my mates shirts and girls tops, they were the days.

The only things I used to get out of was getting dirty when I was a kid, going in mud etc. I was also scared to cross the road on a bike so I used to say my mum will not let me go across a road, so we just used to ride round the block lol.

Rush

Giga Poster
I expect he didn't want to get wet and didn't want to be called a 'coward' if he told everyone that!

Answering the question, it's a rubbish excuse which I'd never use as I wouldn't say no to a waterfight.*

*Terms and conditions apply.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Never and I encourage my kids to get wet - you're only young once!

We popped into fat-ugly-stupid-sister-in-law_furie's over the weekend for two minutes on the way to shopping. She was hosing down the patio and MMF wanted to do it. I showed him how to put your thumb over the end to get a spray.

He was well impressed and duly spent ten minutes drowning himself. Everyone else was pretty aghast by his dripping wetness, but I thought it was really funny and he loved it. Okay, the car has to dry out a bit now and we were late shopping - it's all better than having a child afraid of having fun and letting go and enjoying themselves playing with water.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
No, I like getting wet and I like getting everybody else soaked. Bloody good fun. I remember the good old days when we had proper water fights. Getting chased around the garden with my hose pipe out.

Ollie

CF Legend
I was always an outdoor kid when I was small. And I was so lucky to have over 100 acres of farmland to ourselves to do what we wanted. Almost daily I used to come back to the house covered in mud or soaking wet. I was always climbing trees and falling out only to go and climb it again.
You're only young once so you may as well enjoy it.

My mum is really nice and understands that and lets us do our own thing. Even when we go to parks with her it's very relaxed and she used to let us walk along small walls and get really wet on the water rides.

With my dad...well... let's just say he threatened to take us home away from Drayton Manor once because he was annoyed with how wet he got on Stormforce 10. He also wouldn't let me spend the whole day in Thorpe Park with Lofty a few weeks back as he was moaning that he didn't want me going off and him not getting any time with me when he's always with me when we've got contact.

So it's how the parents react to it. If they've grown up with it then chances are they'll bring their children up the same way. I for one think children should be allowed to be children and just enjoy being young. :)

A

Anonymous

Never got told to not get wet as I was usualy able to get wet and or muddy notmater the weather or season.

When your a kid you should get caked in mud and soaked to the bone as its all aparet of being a kid.

Rush

Giga Poster
^Well at least you can use the excuse that you puff up into a giant furball to avoid getting wet. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rush said:
^Well at least you can use the excuse that you puff up into a giant furball to avoid getting wet. :wink:

now thats funny hehe

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
****ing pathetic.

That's all I can say. Nothing was worth losing out on some of the epic water fights that have been and gone.

I'd get the kid wet anyway. That'd teach the mummy-boy to grow some balls.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I had a mate who used this excuse every blooming time! I can't recall ever using it myself, so i voted no. My parents arn't the banning type, so it never occured to me.

Not thought about it before, but it is really pathetic.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I'm sure i've been told this by my mum many times.... or not to get messy...

I was the sort of little girl who got put in a dress for the party later that day and went out and rolled in the mud :p

I've been soaked in water fights many times.... some using the fountains in the middle of Manchester town centre.... best EVER water fights.

The amount of public transport i've left soaking is immeasurable :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Never used it. Weak excuss, if any one near you uses it, make twice the effort to get them twice as wet!

Beans

Hyper Poster
We used to have a big dug out hole at the bottom of the garden we used to fill it in water and just jump in, mind you we did this also with no clothes on as well, skinny dipping I supposed but parents had no probs with water fights or big muddy puddles.