What's new

IAAPA 2013

nadroJ

CF Legend
So it's that time of year again! The IAAPA is currently underway and a few new things have already been announced, my favourite so far is the Mack Drop 'n' Splash concept!

So far it's basically loads of new train concepts, a **** load of woodies for China and some weird-ass flat rides. Yay.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Other than the Mack Drop 'n' Splash concept and the two GCI animations...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8iqJ8U__os[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGRn7wurdE[/youtube]

...the first day has been all about the pretty trains. :--D

Dollywood's Firechaser Express
BZcsEunIcAAk46Y.jpg:large

Six Flags Great America's Goliath
822766873.jpg

Six Flags Mexico's Medusa Steel Coaster
BZdOoNjIYAAnNS-.jpg:large

Adventuredome's El Loco with on-board audio
BZdbHJoIQAEp1Es.jpg:large

Kentucky Kingdom's Lightning Run
1452019_671283452905830_329793283_n.jpg

822759706.jpg

BZdqhOfIQAAdLE_.jpg:large

And a green Timberliner!
BZfHh_6CUAEz5UA.jpg:large

As well as Luna Park's model of Thunder Bolt.
BZdaKKkIIAAQ4ed.jpg:large

Gravity Group also announced that they're building not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 wooden coasters in China. :roll:

andrus

Giga Poster
Where do I look for more information regarding IAAPA?

I've been following TPR and their reportage in the past. But this year they stripped down the coverage a lot and also left out a lot of the companies! Are there any other sites providing a more in depth coverage of this years IAAPA? I would love to see more from the show floor!! :--D

ry1996

Mega Poster
^Theme Park Review say they will be back at IAAPA again today, so guessing the coverage isn't finished yet.

EthC

Mega Poster
I just love Goliath's trains, they are so nice as is the Lightning run trains. I watched the TPR coverage video too, shame Gravity Group couldn't build the the woodie like they wanted to!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^^Not to toot my own horn, but I've been updating and creating topics for almost every major announcement. So your not missing much by keeping up with what's being posted on CF. :wink:
We're re-tweeting many of the announcements as well, if you follow us on Twitter.

Here's what happened to that green Timberliner today after the announcement of the new Roar-O-Saurus coaster st Story Land.

BZiaGh5IMAAV-hy.jpg:large

marc

CF Legend
Tbh the only thing I've not seen covered on the CF feeds is the spinning coaster they have there, other than that ECG has covered everything.

Seeing that it's just ECG there (I think) and TPR have a lot of people I think ECG is doing a fantastic job keeping us upto date.

Keep up the good work ECG I'm enjoying the updates.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not there Marc. Couldn't afford the $280 entry fee. :wink:
If I were there I would be covering a lot more.

Here's the spinning coaster that's on the IAAPA floor. It's a small figure 8 coaster made by Italian company SBF Visa and is called Spinning Coaster. Such an original name. :p

BZn_FSoIgAAr74_.jpg:large

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
These Justice League animatronics at the Sally Corp booth are a very popular attraction.

BZdKmHcIgAABfeu.jpg:large

BZifPatIIAA6pLQ.jpg:large

And this four person shooting gallery isn't for Disney. It's available from Daniels Wood Land for $48,900.

BZiyV3sIAAAj_QS.jpg:large

Wouldn't this need to be licensed from Disney? Wonder how much extra that would cost?

Here's a link to a Vine video of the Mack Rides Drop N Splash model.

http://vineos.net/New_Drop_N_Splash_water_ride_from_Mack_R_Vine_Video45352

_koppen

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
Here's the spinning coaster that's on the IAAPA floor. It's a small figure 8 coaster made by Italian company SBF Visa (obviously) and is called Spinning Coaster (obviously). Such an original name. :p

BZn_FSoIgAAr74_.jpg:large

Silverwood actually bought one of those (they also sold 2 more, portable versions I think). It actually looks like a really great ride, from the videos I've seen, as it spin like crazy.

ry1996 said:
^Theme Park Review say they will be back at IAAPA again today, so guessing the coverage isn't finished yet.

There will be no more videos from them.

Sandor from Intamin was unfortunately fully booked, and could not give an interview.

EthC

Mega Poster
I didn't actually realise you covered it on twitter sorry :p Twistosaurus looks really good though small but great on airtime.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^We don't really cover it on Twitter. We just re-tweet some of the major announcements.
I just try to post most of the interesting bits on the Forum so that we have all the coaster stuff covered.

This model at the Gerstlauer booth looks familiar. :)

822996965.jpg

Here's a couple of videos for you shooting gallery fans.

http://vine.co/v/hFiwnz9Yp9i

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvYnHJ_IYY[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
ECG said:
Wouldn't this need to be licensed from Disney? Wonder how much extra that would cost?

Yeah. Without a doubt you'd need to license the product from Disney theirselves. It'd be totally illegal to do otherwise on grounds of copyright infringement.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lofty said:
Yeah. Without a doubt you'd need to license the product from Disney theirselves. It'd be totally illegal to do otherwise on grounds of copyright infringement.

I think it's one of those cases which will end up nasty. Essentially, Disney aren't exactly 100% original with their Cars. I think they are the first to put eyes on the windscreen though, but the basic concept was done by Chevron a long time before Cars was in production:
sam_b.jpg

So there's a chance of claiming some kind of prior art. It doesn't look quite enough like an official Cars character (though maybe it does?)

spicy

Giga Poster
That Smiler model is awesome, looks great in yellow as well. Wonder if they advertise the fact that the thing falls to bits though? :lol:

Looks like a great show, love the Mack Drop N Splash concept as well, looks really fun.

As for the car there is no doubt it is based on Disney's Cars. They would have to change the look of that car character significantly before they sold that I would have thought.

Lofty

CF Legend
He looks a lot like Mater to me, slightly reproduced but not enough to justify a completely different character.

1103-Mater.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.