What's new

I have a question about Six Flags MM

JackV

Roller Poster
I can here over the summer and was able to ride every ride but full throttle and x2. While riding Goliath for the second time, I blacked out. After that I felt a bit nauseous. And wasn’t able to ride x2 or full throttle, so does anyone think I missed out or should have stayed and just walked it off? I’m just wondering.

I think X2 is one of the most intense coaster experiences out there - so I think you probably made the right call.

I had to call it a day after Flight of Fear earlier in the year: I hadn't done my research and expected something fairly sedate.

It happens sometimes - it's also easy to dehydrate etc. during a long park day which can hugely affect your tolerance

i definitely stayed hydrated, it’s just the nausea prevented me from eating to much, and I didn’t get the best sleep the night before

Goliath is pretty notorious for that final helix--"the centrifuge"--and most people do at least gray out regularly.

While the GP really seems to like FT, if you're a fanatic, you probably didn't miss too much. It's just too short to be of much consequence. Not that it's bad... I do enjoy it for what it is... but I also don't think it's worth the fairly long lines it usually gets (mostly due to slow capacity).

X2, love it or hate it, is a unique beast. It is a shame you missed it, but I do concur with most of this board... if you're not feeling well, it still isn't/wasn't worth it.

I know I've sometimes missed rides I wanted to go on due to health/weather/time constraints. It's no fun, but it happens.

Yeah, Goliath can definitely do that to you. I’ve blacked out on it before too, so you’re not alone. X2 and Full Throttle are both great, but if you were already feeling nauseous, it’s probably a good thing you didn’t push it. I skipped a ride once after feeling sick, and I don’t regret it—it’s better to enjoy the day without pushing yourself too hard.