What's new

Huge New Expansion For Ocean Park Hong Kong

cocoa

Mega Poster
dragon wasn't really a good coaster. But its definitely one of the weirdest and most unique layouts I've been on. Not surprised to see it go but I'm glad I got to it...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just saw on some local news that the Adventure Land area (with Mine Train and the log flume) will reopen on Saturday, 10th July.

However, they will then be closed for good, along with Abyss (S&S twin towers) at the end of August.

Kind of a big deal since these are three very major, and popular, rides in the park. Along with Dragon going, it leaves very little in terms of rides at that side of the park. There's a newish topscan and an old, small pirate ship and Ferris wheel. That's pretty much it.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Just saw on some local news that the Adventure Land area (with Mine Train and the log flume) will reopen on Saturday, 10th July.

However, they will then be closed for good, along with Abyss (S&S twin towers) at the end of August.

Kind of a big deal since these are three very major, and popular, rides in the park. Along with Dragon going, it leaves very little in terms of rides at that side of the park. There's a newish topscan and an old, small pirate ship and Ferris wheel. That's pretty much it.
Here's the article link for anybody interested, they have until August 31; https://coconuts.co/hongkong/lifest...and-raging-river-to-shut-for-good-end-august/

It is mentioned that the Flying Swing and Ferris Wheel rides will eventually be removed as well.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
what confuses me tho, Is Mine train was just repainted during lockdown
That's what it seemed like, but I saw it from outside the park, in very bright sunlight. I guess it could've been a bit of optical illusion.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The new waterpark opens next month. In true Hong Kong style, it's four years late. Adult tickets are around the 30 quid mark. Pre-booking only at the moment, and sold out for the first few weeks.

I'm not that bothered about water parks, but I'll give it a go at some point. Definitely going to wait until the initial rush dies down though.