What's new

How old were you when you hit 1.4m

A

Anonymous

Can any of you remember how old you were?

I hit 1.4 when I was 8, in 1998! I rode Oblivion in it's opening year.

I also rode the big one in 1997 towards the end of the season. I have the picture somewhere.

Am I right in thinking The Big One is only 1.38?

How old was you?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Can any of you remember how old you were?

I hit 1.4 when I was 8, in 1998! I rode Oblivion in it's opening year.

I also rode the big one in 1997 towards the end of the season. I have the picture somewhere.

Am I right in thinking The Big One is only 1.38?

How old were you?

... and in answer to your question: No idea. But it'll be interesting to see, as I think there will be quite a range of ages.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure probably when i was 10 or 11 so. I have no real idea i wasn't really going to parks as much back then plus i wasn't interested.

Error

Strata Poster
Roughly...9-10 years old.

I could ride Millennium Force opening year, but I was too scared. I think that had a height requirement of 54" then. I don't remember.

I did ride Raptor in 2000, I know that much.

nealbie

CF Legend
I'm just imagining all these 9/10 year old coaster enthusiasts with clipboards and pens ticking off airtime and forces etc. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have no idea. I would occasionaly go to theme parks twice a year when I was under 1.4m but back then I didn't care about the big rides.

By the time I started going to theme parks on aregular basis, I was over the 1.4 mark.

As long as I don't shrink below that then I'm a happy man.

marc

CF Legend
I dont have a clue either, I know I went to Blackpool when I was 8 and got on all the rides.

People will laugh when I say I was the tallest in my class at school until I was 14, then everyone else grew and I did not.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I was 9 years of age when I rode my first coasters, Dragon and PMBO. I was just scraping 1.4m.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No idea. There were no rides requiring you to be above 1.2M tall until I was about xxcough21coughxx

Marc - smoking stunts your growth* :p

*yes, I know you didn't start until a few years back, it was a joke :p

Tony

Hyper Poster
I don't know because the first proper themepark I went to was Port Aventura in 2004 and I was 14 then and tall enough the ride everything obviously.

herbinator

Mega Poster

I was 1.4 when I was 9 but I'm only 13 and am only 5''1 now. Only been into coasters for about a year and a half.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I probably hit 1.4m when I was about 8 or 9, but as I didn't ride coasters till 2 years ago, I can't be sure.

Edit: Your grammar is incorrect. It should be 'How old were you when you hit 1.4m?

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Well I'm not so sure what exact age, all I recall is riding Big Bad Wolf at 4 (which I believe 36" would be like 1 meter?). The first thing I rode with a 54" height limit was Volcano when I was 7 or 8. So there ya go.