What's new

How often is Desmo Race open?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
In your experience, how often would you say that Desmo Race at Mirabilandia is open? I have an Italian coaster enthusiast friend who says it’s closed 99% of the time. Would you agree with that? Does it even open at all? Have some of you ridden it? Recently?

Just curious as I’m here at the park and, as predicted to me, this ride is closed.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, it's down a lot and is currently even listed on their website as being unavailable. Looking through coaster-count, it doesn't appear that anyone has ridden it over the past 3 weeks (@Rollercoaster David's group was the last one), while the other rides in the park have had a steady stream of new riders.

Honestly with how often it's reported to be down, I often kind of forget that Mirabilandia has 2 creds that I haven't ridden yet.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yeah, it's down a lot and is currently even listed on their website as being unavailable. Looking through coaster-count, it doesn't appear that anyone has ridden it over the past 3 weeks (@Rollercoaster David's group was the last one), while the other rides in the park have had a steady stream of new riders.

Honestly with how often it's reported to be down, I often kind of forget that Mirabilandia has 2 creds that I haven't ridden yet.
Thanks!
So, in other words, you’re saying Rollercoaster David broke it. Got it.

Yeah, broke it on purpose to keep the exclusivity of the cred.

We actually went over two days, the first day we spent a whole day at the park with fast passes and it was closed all day. The next day we went to fiabilandia in the morning then when we got back to mirabilandia it was still down. Both days there were Maurer engineers there who we lightly mocked for their rides reliability. One of our group did have a Maurer contact though and they said the ride should be open on our second day. We asked at guest services on the second day and were told a decision on whether to open the ride had to come from senior management and would be made at 4pm. We lurked in the area and watched it consistently testing and eventually it opened and we got one ride on each side before leaving the park.

It's a fun ride, but crazy for a large park to get given its rather poor capacity.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yeah, broke it on purpose to keep the exclusivity of the cred.

We actually went over two days, the first day we spent a whole day at the park with fast passes and it was closed all day. The next day we went to fiabilandia in the morning then when we got back to mirabilandia it was still down. Both days there were Maurer engineers there who we lightly mocked for their rides reliability. One of our group did have a Maurer contact though and they said the ride should be open on our second day. We asked at guest services on the second day and were told a decision on whether to open the ride had to come from senior management and would be made at 4pm. We lurked in the area and watched it consistently testing and eventually it opened and we got one ride on each side before leaving the park.

It's a fun ride, but crazy for a large park to get given its rather poor capacity.
Ah, so easy! All you apparently need is multi-day persistence, the initiative to ask employees, research, an inside industry contact, patience, and some luck. I should’ve thought of that! 😂

Anyway, next time don’t break it.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I visited with a friend last year, and we stayed 2 days there. The ride was announced to be unavailable both days, but still ran - albeit with a delay.
To be honest, they also reported iSpeed to be closed for the first day, and it opened later as well.

Last edited:

WC90

Roller Poster
In your experience, how often would you say that Desmo Race at Mirabilandia is open? I have an Italian coaster enthusiast friend who says it’s closed 99% of the time. Would you agree with that? Does it even open at all? Have some of you ridden it? Recently?

Just curious as I’m here at the park and, as predicted to me, this ride is closed.
If I remember correctly, desmo race has been closed since at least July 19.
Previously mirabilandia planned the opening at 12 every day, but pratically became 13, 14 and more... and it often stopped after few hours or even minutes.